any giant reign owners (2015)

Nov. 11, 2015, 5:43 p.m.

i lock it all out. in fact i just did for todays ride. i find mine isn't really a 100% lock out and i get quite a bit of traction still.

Well see here sunny jim this is why it's crucial that you swap down to 170mm cranks with less of a "dead spot" in your stroke you won't "bob" so much thereby eliminating the need to "lock out".

Like these…

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 11, 2015, 5:44 p.m.

how much sag do you run ?? i run less than 20% front and rear with my air pressure 35 to 40psi over my max riding weight .

my suspension is probably a little softer than it needs to be. i might try your setup out actually. that doesn't sound too bad.

Nov. 11, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

Well see here sunny jim this is why it's crucial that you swap down to 170mm cranks with less of a "dead spot" in your stroke you won't "bob" so much thereby eliminating the need to "lock out".

is that true? I'm on a pretty old bike . it is a 2009 six. I'm not sure if they were considered super efficient pedlars or not? i'm def running everything a little too soft today. my rear shock is a roco wc w a ti spring. it doesn't have a true lock out, my fork is a 2012 55 ta. it has the uphill or downhill option. also not a 100 % true lock out. bike is pretty sweet on the dh around here tho..

2016 will be 30 yrs in mtbiking for me. I'm thinking new bike time. and it might be my first non- norco since about 1994..

I'm thinking about the reign actually.

Nov. 11, 2015, 6:02 p.m.

my suspension is probably a little softer than it needs to be. i might try your setup out actually. that doesn't sound too bad.

Fluid Function set-up the mods I had no idea where to start and they where kind enough to adjust it to suit my riding style and terrain . told them I ride lots of single track and did the odd park day , best part is for little sag i don,t get hand pump even on braking bumps in the park .

I am kicking myself I never rode the bike when I did TOTW in August .part of me feels the reason I crashed , was because I was on my Entourage with it,s super saggy park mood suspension and it bite me in the ass being used to much firmer ride of my trail bike .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 11, 2015, 6:16 p.m.

Fluid Function set-up the mods I had no idea where to start and they where kind enough to adjust it to suit my riding style and terrain .

hmmm interesting… I'm going to test this out… my bike is def too soft.

Nov. 11, 2015, 6:31 p.m.

Pretty sure Flip and Cam have a buttload of time on the Reign bikes.

I can't recall the last time I pedalled a FS bike. 36 RC2 climbs well as is. 36 and 34 RLC Talas I found/find overly complicated. Unsure if I'd purchase a TA fork again.

Hopefully we're not talking fork lockouts :rolleyes:

Everyone knows optimum climbing position has bar height at the absolute highest. Cutting off all damping adds to the efficiency.

Here seems to be the opposite of Yoann's stock Reign set-up.

I feel Giant missed out on placing an alloy frame version of the Advance 1 build between the Reign 1 and Reign 2 price points.

Which isn't as much as Devinci is missing out by no bottle mounts on the Dixon frame.

PS. Why doesn't the Reign use an 8.5x2.5 size shock?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 11, 2015, 6:56 p.m.

Pretty sure Flip and Cam have a buttload of time on the Reign bikes.

I can't recall the last time I pedalled a FS bike. 36 RC2 climbs well as is. 36 and 34 RLC Talas I found/find overly complicated. Unsure if I'd purchase a TA fork again.

Everyone knows optimum climbing position has bar height at the absolute highest. Cutting off all damping adds to the efficiency.

Here seems to be the opposite of Yoann's stock Reign set-up.

I feel Giant missed out on placing an alloy frame version of the Advance 1 build between the Reign 1 and Reign 2 price points.

Which isn't as much as Devinci is missing out by no bottle mounts on the Dixon frame.

I like Jared's set-up I would love to build a Process 134 with a 160mm Lyrik up front

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 11, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

http://theteamrobot.blogspot.ca/2015/01/baby-shocks.html?m=1

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 11, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Apparently my Canfield Balance is unrideable.

Nov. 11, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

Un-clickable link season is upon us.

Nov. 12, 2015, 7:57 a.m.

Apparently my Canfield Balance is unrideable.

As are most bikes in the 150-160mm travel range.

Nov. 12, 2015, 8:22 a.m.

i don't think i can forgive them for what they have done to the hei hei name..:(

Nov. 12, 2015, 8:43 a.m.

Had a quick read through and while I do agree that a slighly lower ratio would help the shock work better to lower the air pressure required, maybe the some of the positive traits of how the Maestro suspension works require the higher leverage ration and a bigger ramp up that comes with running higher air pressure.

What I don't get is the dismissal of any Cane Creek shocks. Not certain if the DB Air or DB Coil will work on the Reign, but I know they don't work on the newer Trance. I have a DB Inline on my Trance SX and think it works quite nicely. I thought the leverage ratios on the Trance and Reign were quite similar.

I have been on other mult-link bikes that utilize a lower leverage ratio and have not found huge effects on how the bike worked. Having a really good shock had much more of an impact.

Iron Horse 7 point, used a 2.75" stroke on 8.75" shock, older Nomads I think used the same dimensions. The bigger impact to how these bikes rode was the quality of the shock.

Nov. 12, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Agreed. Team robot's credibility just went out the window with his comment about CC shocks being 'unridable '. We have 3 in our fleet and my kid is dam fast on them. They work very well for me too, though I am less fast.

Nov. 12, 2015, 10:26 a.m.

y'all need to learn about

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave