Another thread of pedals

Sept. 30, 2015, 1:14 p.m.

Ok this has a different concept on flats. Done by
Chris wilson of mtb strength training. Interesting theory. Seems to make sense.
pedalinginnovations.com/

Sept. 30, 2015, 2:17 p.m.

Fack… that website makes me feel like i'm shopping for a veggie-matic …does it come with a free paring knife?

FWIW the concept probably has merit although I doubt flat pedal manufacturers will be scrambling to emulate the design any time soon.

Sept. 30, 2015, 2:39 p.m.

you mean james wilson i'm assuming

isn't he the guy who claims riding without a dropper post is easier and will make you a better rider?

:rolleyes:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 30, 2015, 2:46 p.m.

Well that gives him major credibility right there.

Sept. 30, 2015, 2:46 p.m.

Why does the flat pedal market constantly try and provide pedals with 'wider body for more support' or shoes with 'more grip'. Do people not realize clipless pedals provide all of these properties in spades? Can't think of a grippier sticker option than a pair of stiff souled shoes clipped into a pedal for 'grip'.

Sept. 30, 2015, 3 p.m.

Why does the flat pedal market constantly try and provide pedals with 'wider body for more support' or shoes with 'more grip'. Do people not realize clipless pedals provide all of these properties in spades? Can't think of a grippier sticker option than a pair of stiff souled shoes clipped into a pedal for 'grip'.

Can I throw a foot down mid corner with clipless?

Sept. 30, 2015, 3:02 p.m.

Can I throw a foot down mid corner with clipless?

I do all the time. In fact at the end of the dales flow where you have to make that tight left onto the bridge, my friend was shocked at how fast I put my foot down when my front end washed out on the wood. It's all about practice until it becomes second nature.

Sept. 30, 2015, 4:13 p.m.

Loving flats these days
Five tens and scarabs are it
I'll just ride my bike.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 30, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

Loving flats these days
Five tens and scarabs are it
I'll just ride my bike.

Careful or the axle might break

Sept. 30, 2015, 5:03 p.m.

I've never used clipless, but aren't the shoe soles really really stiff?

His website is the same as pretty much all of the personal trainers who've released training programs… that said, I might give them a try.

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:04 p.m.

Nope, there are plenty of clipless pedal shoes with reasonably flexible soles especially nowadays with the walkability of some of the enduroish shoes. The added flex keeps my feet happier and they're pretty easy to walk in.

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

and apparently, (as i've read recently) you're gonna want some flex to keep said feet happy. i've had some achilles tendon soreness recently and rigid sole shoes contribute to this. age plays a big role here too….

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:25 p.m.

I like the idea but a good pair of flats with a stiff midsole should really do the same thing should it not? If I had not just bought a pair blackspires( which are a longish pedal) Id give these a try.
Loving flats these days, is making me a better rider. However I love clipless too. BUT after messing my knee up twice in a year spd's are a no go until I feel im 100% again.
I use multi release cleats btw. I really miss the floaty connected feeling you get. But bailing in flats in priceless..

Sept. 30, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

I run both , clipless during race season and flats the rest of the year . I have a out-toeing stance so I have the cleats on a extreme angle and clip my heals on the stays more often when clipped in . any straighter of a cleat angle and my knees get sore .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 30, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

His website is the same as pretty much all of the personal trainers who've released training programs… that said, I might give them a try.

Come on maaaan. You're better than that.

I doubt there is very much stiffness increase between the impacts you wear the impact clips I wear. Carbon soled disco boots yes.

The Giro Chamber interests myself. Would need to have a better look at a proper size before deciding.

I'm bow legged AF and have no issue running clips squared up

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.