another drop post thread, opinions wanted!

Feb. 3, 2011, 6:33 a.m.

something else to consider, i believe the reverb is one of the only telescoping posts that uses a 2 bolt system to hold the seat. for me this is important. recently tested an enduro with specialized's post and the seat came loose after 5 minutes riding in the parking lot. dude at shop said it wasn't the first time.

Feb. 3, 2011, 10:15 a.m.

This is a good point.. the Reverb's two bolt system is definitely more robust, very Thomsonish.

Feb. 4, 2011, 10:03 a.m.

Initial Impressions of the Reverb have been positive

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 14, 2011, 8:57 p.m.

don't know. i have a ks and love it. i bought a reverb. had it in my hands then spent a little while fiddling with my friends reverb in the shop. I found the return action WAY too slow. the speed difference between the two is substantial. i also found that when i actuated the seat to depress it it would stall out 2/3 's of the way down. i would have to relaese the remote and depress again to get the seat down. This post had been bled and was on the shop owners ride. The slow return speed is the single biggest complaint with the reverb. It's really just a matter of RS revalving the thing as it already runs 2 wt. oil (lightest available). I gave back the reverb and got another KS, this one for the wife.Sure mine has minor issues ( Sticks occasionally) and has turned into a pogo stick once. The shop sent it in and i had the internals replaced under warranty. It was back in my hands in 2 weeks. I love my seat post. All the products mentioned are new and all of us "early adapters" will have to suffer through development issues. That said the difference one of these posts makes to riding is nothing short of a revelation. It changes everything. get one live with it but be ready to upgrade in a year or two when more of the bugs get sorted out and more bomb proof versions become available.

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

Feb. 14, 2011, 9:32 p.m.

I have Reverb and a KS i750. Reverb is great, needed an initial bleed out of the box. Worked flawlessly even in the cold, return started to slow down after 5 rides, had it re-bled and it works amazingly again. Just got the ks and so far so good, haven't got enough seat time to tell though.

Shed head!

Feb. 14, 2011, 11:49 p.m.

sold the dropper… thomson and a qr work fine round these parts

Feb. 15, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

don't know. i have a ks and love it. i bought a reverb. had it in my hands then spent a little while fiddling with my friends reverb in the shop. I found the return action WAY too slow. the speed difference between the two is substantial. i also found that when i actuated the seat to depress it it would stall out 2/3 's of the way down. i would have to relaese the remote and depress again to get the seat down. This post had been bled and was on the shop owners ride. The slow return speed is the single biggest complaint with the reverb. It's really just a matter of RS revalving the thing as it already runs 2 wt. oil (lightest available). I gave back the reverb and got another KS, this one for the wife.Sure mine has minor issues ( Sticks occasionally) and has turned into a pogo stick once. The shop sent it in and i had the internals replaced under warranty. It was back in my hands in 2 weeks. I love my seat post. All the products mentioned are new and all of us "early adapters" will have to suffer through development issues. That said the difference one of these posts makes to riding is nothing short of a revelation. It changes everything. get one live with it but be ready to upgrade in a year or two when more of the bugs get sorted out and more bomb proof versions become available.

You know the speed is adjustable on the Reverb right? Mine works a little quicker than the KS I had before.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 15, 2011, 4:10 p.m.

Where can I get a 27.2mm Hilo?

Feb. 16, 2011, 10:16 a.m.

Thumbs up still for the Reverb. If you are a local take it to SuspensionWerx and get them to put their secret sauce in it. It works much better now - faster and with a lighter lever action.

Feb. 26, 2011, 4:19 p.m.

i got passed on bottle top today: just past the bridge, where the trail starts heading straight down hill, this guy's seatpost suddenly drops out of sight and he's off, while i had to stop and work my quick release to get my seat down for the descent. he was on a dually, and me on my hardtail i figured i'd seen the last of him. imagine my surprise when i caught up to him just before the last chute down to fisherman's - the lever on his hydraulic seatpost had seized, and he was wrestling to try to get his seat down. i slipped by him, finished the ride, headed over to different bikes and bought a shiny chromag seatpost clamp - low tech ftw

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 26, 2011, 4:39 p.m.

I'd say that is the exception rather than the rule to using a dropper seatpost… short lived gloat…

Feb. 26, 2011, 5:24 p.m.

headed over to different bikes and bought a shiny chromag seatpost clamp - low tech ftw

Low tech you say?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 26, 2011, 5:57 p.m.

I'd say that is the exception rather than the rule to using a dropper seatpost… short lived gloat…

hey, i'll take what i can get

:rave:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 26, 2011, 6:18 p.m.

^^Not a bad motto..

Feb. 27, 2011, 3:43 p.m.

I have been really loving my KS post….going to write a follow up review soon to go over the issues I did have and how I overcame them. I can't wait for April to come around and the 6" drop model comes out…I really want that.