AngleSet on a Warden???

Sept. 21, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Just built up my new Warden 150F/155R Mullet. In slack the BB height is 345 (same as high setting non-mullet). HTA is probably 65deg. STA is what it is.... but it climbs well - probably 73.5-74 deg. Quick ride today after work, really impressed with the ride. Probably a steeper STA would be better but for a sale frame, I'm not complaining.

Looks great! I find the slackish seat tube is less of a concern on the Warden as the bottom of the seat tube is a fair bit more forward of the bb than on most bikes. The result is that you're in a pretty decent  climbing position with the seat up and the seat is well out of the way for steep descents when you need to get back on the bike. I think it only becomes an issue if someone buys a bike that is a bit undersized and has to run a long seat post that is jacked up to the sky. Now that I've ridden mine for a bit I think the Warden is one of those bikes where's there's benefit to sizing up if everything else works for you.

We should get out for rip sometime.

Sept. 23, 2019, 11:13 p.m.

It would be cool to rip a couple of laps on the shore. I have no issue with the climbing position so far.

To answer your original question, I'm pretty sure my HTA is 64.5 and with a 50mm stem it is not too floppy climbing. Technical climbing is my jam and the HTA is not adversely affecting my climbs at all. Don't think you would regret dropping the HTA.