AM I TO OLD?

Nov. 19, 2003, 9:43 a.m.

Originally posted by Curtis
**Bighitter, your an inspiration to me man I hope I can still ride the shore when I your age, no wait I hope I can still walk at your age.

cheers. **

'
that's not me, that's my dad.he's too old to even know what the hell the internet is, let alone run a computer.i'm 35 going on 18.

Nov. 19, 2003, 9:47 a.m.

well then you can pass it on to your dad. Man I hate living out here not really knowing anyone out there on here.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West"

Nov. 19, 2003, 9:50 a.m.

Originally posted by davet
aren't you up here in the seniors crowd?

No way Dave… SENIORS CROWD :mad: ;) … let's see now, I started mountain biking in '91 when I was 3 years older than the guy who asked the original question, so what's that make me… shit, I can't work it out… my brains gone to mush.

I've got my 50th b/d already figured though: start on Cypress with Blind Skier/Wild Cherry/Roach Hit/ Roach Clip… over to Fromme for UOC/Ladies/LL with a big man-train drop off The Crater, then over to Seymour for CBC/Corkscrew/It's Coming (if it does)/BM… then off to the pub to get pissed. It's gonna be wild. I can't wait!

btw.. serious questions get serious answers. If some youngster asks a BB if he's too old for riding, it's not a serious question.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Nov. 19, 2003, 9:53 a.m.

Too old?!!! Its all in the attitude. The supposedly "older" riders that I've ridden with have the same passion, excitement, motivation and wide-assed grin as any 8 year old! Pure, unadulterated joy. That doesn't ever have to change so don't heed the advice of any passion-repressed people in your life… if you have to explain it to them, they just won't understand.

Nov. 19, 2003, 11:21 a.m.

Originally posted by bighitter
'
that's not me, that's my dad.he's too old to even know what the hell the internet is, let alone run a computer.i'm 35 going on 18.

Tell your dad to get with it. Gee my dads almost 74 and he knows what the Internet is. :D Of course he can barely walk around the block never mind ride a bike on the shore. He's one of the biggest reason that I exercise. I want to do my best not to end up in the kind of shape that his is in.

Hell my mom still exercises and she is in amazing shape for a 70 year old.

Nov. 19, 2003, 4:29 p.m.

i just finished my first full year of racing and was beaten in the qc cup (by 40 points) by a guy of 49 - 5 years older than me.

get on your bike and don't look back. it is addictive, and soon you'll be planning your holidays around it, and trying to get your friends and family into it so they can hurt as much as you will after a ride…

the answer is then, NO. this sport is the best.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Nov. 19, 2003, 4:40 p.m.

Originally posted by bighitter
'

fuck,you're old man probably goes as big as I do,and i'm only 18:(
that was a kick in the pants there…

Nov. 19, 2003, 4:43 p.m.

On a semi related note,
once when i was out doing a road ride(edit:riding along the highway to get to the trails on my bike),this old man passed me on a vintave baby blue cruiser,going nearly twice as fast as me and i was really hauling that day.he was at least 65 years old and hauling ass.
to top it all off,he rang his handlebar bell as he rode by.that there was the icing on the cake..it was like adding insult to injury…but the moment will forever be in my mind.

Nov. 19, 2003, 6 p.m.

Originally posted by trail worker
to top it all off,he rang his handlebar bell as he rode by.that there was the icing on the cake..it was like adding insult to injury…but the moment will forever be in my mind.

:lol:

That's hilarious. And I can picture it so vividly.

Should put something like that in an MTB film - getting passed on a-line by a senior on a cruiser, and him ringing his bell instead of saying "on your left".

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 19, 2003, 6:25 p.m.

Originally posted by trail worker
yeah,and mine belongs in the geriatric ward:(

Your not the only one :(

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

Nov. 19, 2003, 6:58 p.m.

Fuck that aint old. I'm almost the oldest on the bb. Still can ride all day with the likes of m33p and proto, drink them under the table, party till long after there momma's called them home to get tucked into bed and then still get up at 4:00 am for work.

Get the wife beater out….bucket spunk

Nov. 19, 2003, 9:57 p.m.

32 ain't old. I'm a young buck at 30, and have constantly progressed in my riding skills for the past 3 years consistently. also note, I love riding more and more each year. It's nice being a bit older and having the income and such to purchase bikes and ride them where you want.

I'll die riding….. for sure!

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch. :scream:

Nov. 20, 2003, 12:22 a.m.

Originally posted by dirty deeds

btw.. serious questions get serious answers. If some youngster asks a BB if he's too old for riding, it's not a serious question. **

That pretty much sums it up.

burp

Nov. 20, 2003, 12:45 a.m.

You're only 32…and I'm assuming your friends are roughly in the same age bracket?…and they are complaining and discouraging you from mtb'ing?
You need new friends Dude:lol:

Nov. 20, 2003, 12:05 p.m.

my dad (54) had always been road riding, but i got him into mountain biking for a while, he did it for about 6 years, we never did anything more than reasonably technical cross country together, and he's pretty much stopped now because he's got bad knees, but he still rides his bike everywhere instead of driving if he can help it.

and when i was in whistler for a few days this summer, it seemed like close to 1/3 of riders were above 30.

if you're only thinking of stopping because your friends say you're too old at thirty two, that's no reason at all.