Advice on component/trim level for enduro/remedy

May 9, 2011, 3:52 p.m.

I'm a bit like the OP but don't want to spend as much dough. Strongly considering a Specialized Pitch Pro. Not sure if I'm a large or medium though. I will check some out and see what feels best.

Wrong. Always.

May 14, 2011, 9:24 p.m.

I'm in the same boat with a XC bike already (Stumpjumper comp), but starting to realize that a slacker burlier bigger travel bike is better suited for our lower mainland trails (SFU, North Shore, Squamish, Whistler). The two I've been considering are the Enduro Expert or Evo and Ibis Mojo HD. Still not so convinced about the durability of carbon frames all mtn thrashing, so leaning more towards the Enduro. I'll be following this thread for advice as well.

May 14, 2011, 9:30 p.m.

One of my good friends has a Ibis and he is not gentle. He is blown away with how when the carbon frame has handled the last year.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

May 17, 2011, 3:02 p.m.

I bought a Remedy 7 last summer primarily for riding in squamish and after work at SFU. I also thought I might be able to leave my big bike at home and use it for some of the easier rides on Fromme. I love the bike for XC type trails but found the 68 degree head angle scared me on Fromme. Better riders than me do it, but I prefer a slacker head angle for these trails.

I got sick of pedaling a 42lb bike up Fromme so I just bought an enduro expert. Its only 2 lb heavier than the Remedy but with the slacker head angle and bigger fork its better in the steep stuff. If I had to choose between the two of these I think the Enduro is a better compromise between climbing/descending ability for the trails around here.

May 17, 2011, 3:14 p.m.

The Enduro is amazing. (full disclosure, I sell Enduro's, but I've ridden the Remedy and most everything else out there)

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

May 17, 2011, 7:30 p.m.

One of my good friends has a Ibis and he is not gentle. He is blown away with how when the carbon frame has handled the last year.

Which model [HTML_REMOVED] build kit Ibis did he get?

May 23, 2011, 9:09 a.m.

Which model [HTML_REMOVED] build kit Ibis did he get?

Sorry it took so long. He has the standard Mojo, not the SL or HD. He's running it with a Fox 36 and as for the build kit I'm not exactly sure. I know he didn't weight weenie it though.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.