661 Core Saver Vest - any feedback?

Aug. 30, 2009, 9:04 p.m.

Does anyone have any experience with the 661 Core Saver Vest? Feedback for either how it performs while riding or what the fit is like would be great.

I've only seen it online and haven't seen it in stores, so I'm trying to determine whether it's worth the effort to find a store that has one.

Aug. 31, 2009, 7:30 a.m.

At the cost, you may as well get attached elbow pads.

A couple friends ran them when stunting their motorcycles mainly incase their motorcycle landed on them they whould have some spine and chest protection.

Aug. 31, 2009, 11:37 a.m.

I have it and wear it when I am in for some not-so serious riding on steep or fast tracks - if I ride DH in a bikepark or trails with A-line-ish jumps I wear my Pressure Suit.

The Core Saver is light - which means: it does not really offer any protection for the shoulders, it does offer some "light" protection mainly for the rib cage, kidneys and back - but depending on your built it tends to move around a bit. This is what I found out.
Imho a good but not decent choice for something that does not justify wearing the complete combat gear.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 1, 2009, 9:38 p.m.

I don't own a pressure suit, but whenever I've worn one in the past I didn't like having the elbows built in. They just never seemed to fit/sit properly compared to how separate elbow pads feel. Therefore, I was thinking the Core Saver could be a good option - give me protection everywhere else and wear my regular elbows. I didn't think about reduced shoulder protection, though.

Maybe I'll need to track one down to see how it feels.

Sept. 1, 2009, 10:05 p.m.

I bought mine online a couple years ago and so far it's been pretty good. It can get pretty warm though, so I don't wear it all the time. I found it fits a little short….I would have liked more protection aroud the softish belly area, and as mentioned by others it has very little shoulder padding. I used to ride with just arm/elbow pads and no upper body padding so riding with the core saver is better than that, and having the spine and chest protection is a good thing.

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

Sept. 2, 2009, 2:10 a.m.

I don't own a pressure suit, but whenever I've worn one in the past I didn't like having the elbows built in. They just never seemed to fit/sit properly compared to how separate elbow pads feel. Therefore, I was thinking the Core Saver could be a good option - give me protection everywhere else and wear my regular elbows. I didn't think about reduced shoulder protection, though.

Maybe I'll need to track one down to see how it feels.

check out the assault suit then. like the pressure suit w/o elbows.

Bicycles!