5 stars for bell super 2r mips

Nov. 3, 2015, 10:53 a.m.

Took a hard high-speed digger off an ice covered structure today with the Super 2R… head definitely hit the ground.. there is a loonie sized dent at my right temple and some dirt on the chinbar… no ill effects. I guess its already proven its value after 5 rides.

So you will be going out and getting a new one now? Does Bell have a crash replacement deal like some other companies do?

Nov. 3, 2015, 11 a.m.

So you will be going out and getting a new one now? Does Bell have a crash replacement deal like some other companies do?

Well thats what I was wondering… I dont think the helmet is compromised.. Yes, I believe they have a crash replacement deal where you pay something like 50% of the MSRP… or something like that… I bought the helmet from CRC so I would probably have to send it back to them.

Nov. 3, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Well thats what I was wondering… I dont think the helmet is compromised.. Yes, I believe they have a crash replacement deal where you pay something like 50% of the MSRP… or something like that… I bought the helmet from CRC so I would probably have to send it back to them.

If you have a dent, its compromised. Wont do its job as well as it was designed to, given it has already had one pretty good impact from your description. Im not sure id be willing to take the risk myself.
They might warranty it through Bell Canada?

Nov. 3, 2015, 11:21 a.m.

If you have a dent, its compromised. Wont do its job as well as it was designed to, given it has already had one pretty good impact from your description. Im not sure id be willing to take the risk myself.
They might warranty it through Bell Canada?

Bell is distributed through OGC in Canada… I`ll contact them and see what they say.

Nov. 3, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

Sent an email to OGC and they replied that yes, they will crash replace a helmet not purchased in Canada. It's $120 + taxes and shipping. You can order a new helmet from CRC right now for less… go figure.

Nov. 3, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

Sent an email to OGC and they replied that yes, they will crash replace a helmet not purchased in Canada. It's $120 + taxes and shipping. You can order a new helmet from CRC right now for less… go figure.

Super 2R's are less than $120 on CRC?? Cheapest price I can see is $230….

Id say the replacement deal is worth it!

Nov. 3, 2015, 2:52 p.m.

Super 2R's are less than $120 on CRC?? Cheapest price I can see is $230….

Id say the replacement deal is worth it!

The $120 crash replacement is for the super 2 minus the chin bar. Since I already have the chin bar I would only need the helmet which is $125 on CRC.

Nov. 3, 2015, 3:41 p.m.

The $120 crash replacement is for the super 2 minus the chin bar. Since I already have the chin bar I would only need the helmet which is $125 on CRC.

That cant be right? A super 2 on its own is ~$120 give or take like you said. That isnt a crash replacement policy discount at all. You sure they arent offering a full 2R for that price?

Nov. 3, 2015, 3:57 p.m.

That cant be right? A super 2 on its own is ~$120 give or take like you said. That isnt a crash replacement policy discount at all. You sure they arent offering a full 2R for that price?

They only give 30% discount apparently. But yes it's for the super 2 not the 2R. Canada eh?

Nov. 18, 2016, 6:25 a.m.

Any ill effects from this crash GT?

Was looking at photos from the last round of EWS this last weekend and was left wondering, and maybe you or someone else can comment..is a full-face a requirement of enduro? Or just a suggestion?

Cheers.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 18, 2016, 7:46 a.m.

Any ill effects from this crash GT?

Was looking at photos from the last round of EWS this last weekend and was left wondering, and maybe you or someone else can comment..is a full-face a requirement of enduro? Or just a suggestion?

Cheers.

Depends what series you're racing. BC series you don't need one at all. EWS requires one. Some ews races (finale) even state you're not allowed to carry a second helmet (also require back protection).

Nov. 18, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

Depends what series you're racing. BC series you don't need one at all. EWS requires one. Some ews races (finale) even state you're not allowed to carry a second helmet (also require back protection).

not so sure on the EWS thing seen footage of several racers with open face helmets , I know they are required to have a spine board , but think the helmets are riders choice

http://www.enduroworldseries.com/rule-book/

looks like it,s dictated per course , some are full face and other are either or , but regardless if they are pedaling the bike the helmet has too be properly worn .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

^Not really. EWS rulebook - 15. Appendix 3 - Protection The Emerald Enduro and Big Mountain Enduro wasn't mandatory to use a full face for some reason. All other races require a full face. Enduro races held within WBP require full face as well.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 18, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Another vote for the S2R from me. I realize that GTs hit was last year…I went down hard into a pile of brush exiting 5th Horseman right before the final drop onto the road. I must have hit a leprechaun, but the cheek area of the chin bar connected with a rock in the bush HARD. Cracked it. Would have done serious damage to my face.

I never take the chin bar off even when I'm riding XC stuff because of the damn leprechauns.

Nov. 21, 2016, 12:10 p.m.

FYI

Super2R on sale today at Jenson USA for $99 USD. 'Super' deal ;) I wish I had waited for mine. Get them before they are gone (if they are not already).

http://www.jensonusa.com/Bell-Super-2R-Mips-Helmet-2016?cs=Matte%20Black/White%20Aggression