32 Float Upgrade vs New 34 Float

May 12, 2016, 9:18 a.m.

huh, look at that. i got caught up in the travel, missed the a2c. bigger chassis, makes sense - kudos for doing the due diligence

q: where did you get get 69.3? canyon's website claims 69.5

69,5* is for the 27.5 inch frame. The 29er has a 69,3 angle.

May 12, 2016, 11:53 a.m.

According to this calculator, it would be a difference of 1".

That is one low bb. What size cranks you running to stay away from pedal strikes.

May 12, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

That is one low bb. What size cranks you running to stay away from pedal strikes.

175. I've never had issues with pedal strikes, even though i'm pretty long legged at 193cm.

May 12, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

i think he entered the drop ;)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 13, 2016, 1:06 a.m.

175. I've never had issues with pedal strikes, even though i'm pretty long legged at 193cm.

Ah and a small correction, the BB is actually 320mm in height. Made a mistake in the calculator, but you probably already knew that.

May 13, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

hello. I understand wanting a new fork. I had a Fox float on my Reign when I bought it - I had no issue with the way it moved though - it was simply a noodle. Kept it on there for about a month before replacing with a Suntour Durolux… but I thought I'd mention that you can tune your existing fork for more small bump compliance. Let some air out to reduce the air spring. If it's now too low in the travel you can reduce the volume of the air spring to make it more progressive - soft off the top for more small bump compliance and progressively firmer as it compresses. I've been riding for 2 years with a large dollop of grease to reduce spring volume in my rear RP2. Try it.

May 13, 2016, 10:12 a.m.

Ah and a small correction, the BB is actually 320mm in height.

did you measure that?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 13, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

hello. I understand wanting a new fork. I had a Fox float on my Reign when I bought it - I had no issue with the way it moved though - it was simply a noodle. Kept it on there for about a month before replacing with a Suntour Durolux… but I thought I'd mention that you can tune your existing fork for more small bump compliance. Let some air out to reduce the air spring. If it's now too low in the travel you can reduce the volume of the air spring to make it more progressive - soft off the top for more small bump compliance and progressively firmer as it compresses. I've been riding for 2 years with a large dollop of grease to reduce spring volume in my rear RP2. Try it.

Well, it's too late for that. I already order a 130mm Pike. Can't wait for it to arrive. :)

did you measure that?

Yes.