29ers

May 15, 2013, 12:16 p.m.

Probably the 29" wheels on it.

Needs a degree and a half off the HA.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 15, 2013, 12:23 p.m.

Needs a degree and a half off the HA.

slacker? same hta as the prime and the sb95, so its already at the very bottom/top? of the range…

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 15, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

5" bike… http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/five-29_frame/

Haven't ridden it but friends who have say it's nuts.

Manufacturers are too worried about wheelbase on 29'ers (I think from listening to riders who somehow think they won't be able to corner a bike that's 5cm longer than a 26") and are compromising them.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 15, 2013, 2:25 p.m.

yes I saw that on the internet the other day, I've been lusting after an Orange Clockwork for about twenty years and thought the 5-29 looked very interesting..

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

May 15, 2013, 3:34 p.m.

5" bike… http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/five-29_frame/

woo doggy

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 16, 2013, 12:05 a.m.

Hey Everyone,

Moved from Vancouver (back) to the Okanagan. Had a Truax while down on the coast, and loved it, but interior BC riding is more suitable to a nice (29er) trail bike then a 7[HTML_REMOVED]7 beaut like the Truax… alas, I am selling the Truax in favour of a 29er.

Was 1 minute away, today, from pulling the trigger on a Banshee Prime with the Expert build kit (Fox 34, X7/X9 drivetrain, Inferno 25 wheels), but held off at the last minute. My local shop is giving me a SMOKING deal on it (think cost plus about 8%).

What are some of the ride reports out there on the Prime? Particularly those of you taking them on some North Van trails (particularly Fromme and Seymour) as I'll still be making relatively frequent trips down to the coast to ride.

Recently test-rode a Spec. Stumpjumper 29er and loved it. Rode a Stumpy EVO 29er last year and REALLY loved it. Right now am demo'ing (for another couple days) a Norco Shinobi and not really digging it too much. Have also demo'd Niners in the past, but found the longer chain-stays and top-tubes didn't suit my riding style (but were otherwise beautiful bikes).

Anyways, I am pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Prime (once the Truax goes), but am just looking for some last minute North Vancouver rider opinions. Haven't really heard any complaints on the bike (other than it being "heavy", but I think that was comparing it to other carbon and/or less stiff trail/xc 29ers). I'll be buying it "blind" (ie: not having demo'd/test-ridden it), which makes me nervous. I owned a Rune a couple years ago (before the Truax) and loved it, but kept having bushing issues (was really the ONLY issue I had with it). I know the Prime is full-bearings, so won't have any issues there…

Thanks guys!

May 16, 2013, 7:44 a.m.

they have a girl standing up peeing..whats the big deal here?

May 16, 2013, 8:05 a.m.

Hey Everyone,

Moved from Vancouver (back) to the Okanagan. Had a Truax while down on the coast, and loved it, but interior BC riding is more suitable to a nice (29er) trail bike then a 7[HTML_REMOVED]7 beaut like the Truax… alas, I am selling the Truax in favour of a 29er.

Was 1 minute away, today, from pulling the trigger on a Banshee Prime with the Expert build kit (Fox 34, X7/X9 drivetrain, Inferno 25 wheels), but held off at the last minute. My local shop is giving me a SMOKING deal on it (think cost plus about 8%).

What are some of the ride reports out there on the Prime? Particularly those of you taking them on some North Van trails (particularly Fromme and Seymour) as I'll still be making relatively frequent trips down to the coast to ride.

Recently test-rode a Spec. Stumpjumper 29er and loved it. Rode a Stumpy EVO 29er last year and REALLY loved it. Right now am demo'ing (for another couple days) a Norco Shinobi and not really digging it too much. Have also demo'd Niners in the past, but found the longer chain-stays and top-tubes didn't suit my riding style (but were otherwise beautiful bikes).

Anyways, I am pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Prime (once the Truax goes), but am just looking for some last minute North Vancouver rider opinions. Haven't really heard any complaints on the bike (other than it being "heavy", but I think that was comparing it to other carbon and/or less stiff trail/xc 29ers). I'll be buying it "blind" (ie: not having demo'd/test-ridden it), which makes me nervous. I owned a Rune a couple years ago (before the Truax) and loved it, but kept having bushing issues (was really the ONLY issue I had with it). I know the Prime is full-bearings, so won't have any issues there…

Thanks guys!

I should have my Prime together in the next week or so, I will letcha know how it does. The other thought is that if you are getting such a good deal on it then buy it and if it's not your thing you can probably sell it for not much less than you got it for.

May 16, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

they have a girl standing up peeing..whats the big deal here?

Not a girl… Brad Benedict.

:canada:

May 16, 2013, 8:59 a.m.

lol, no offence to brad…i figured it wasnt a girl..but at first glance ,with all the good flowing locks, i really thought it was…

May 16, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

I just noticed the samsquanch in the background of that add…have seen it many times…lol…derp.

That orange is a sexy steed!

May 16, 2013, 11:37 a.m.

lol, no offence to brad…i figured it wasnt a girl..but at first glance ,with all the good flowing locks, i really thought it was…

Made me laugh… that dude seriously needs a haircut though.

May 16, 2013, 11:38 a.m.

I should have my Prime together in the next week or so, I will letcha know how it does. The other thought is that if you are getting such a good deal on it then buy it and if it's not your thing you can probably sell it for not much less than you got it for.

Really? Your bike is as elusive as the Sasquatch…. I am rooting for you though.

May 16, 2013, 3:15 p.m.

New 29er Fuel EX and Remedy coming asap….

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

May 16, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

New 29er Fuel EX and Remedy coming asap….

looks like something, can't quite put my finger on it…

ah, like a trek