29er tires

April 22, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

i have a XR4 in 2.3 29er sitting on me deck right now. it's a nice tire. except the hole in the sidewall from my first ever tubeless pinch flat, this is after a few years of running specialized control casings!
you might have the SR and XR reversed though, as the SR is the thicker casing and the XR is the thinner.

Yeah, I had no idea what the XR and SR meant, thanks for the heads up. The Bontrager tire site is one of the worst I have ever seen, tires that are listed as the same name…but are different tires, multiple listings for the same tire…confusing

Yeah in my XR4 I have had a few flats in the last few months….not liking that. May look at the SR casing next.

April 22, 2016, 7:40 p.m.

After being reminded that running maxxis exo tires in the rear is an expensive and short lived proposition I'm back to a grid casing slaughter.

Have been looking for an alternative which is just as tough, rolls quickly but has slightly more braking grip so am crossing my fingers that the wtb trail boss in tough casing that I ordered will work.

April 22, 2016, 9 p.m.

After being reminded that running maxxis exo tires in the rear is an expensive and short lived proposition I'm back to a grid casing slaughter.

Have been looking for an alternative which is just as tough, rolls quickly but has slightly more braking grip so am crossing my fingers that the wtb trail boss in tough casing that I ordered will work.

Good to know, let us know how the WTB tire works out, they look interesting.

April 23, 2016, 8:37 a.m.

re exo tires?

which compound? 3c or dual

I run Tr exo 3c in the winter and dual in the summer. I also buy my tires in multiples online at 25% DISCOUNT….so I don't mind running stickier rubber all the time

April 25, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

re exo tires?

which compound? 3c or dual

I run Tr exo 3c in the winter and dual in the summer. I also buy my tires in multiples online at 25% DISCOUNT….so I don't mind running stickier rubber all the time

It's not the compound that's the problem. It's the casing that wants to open up with a 5mm gash every time it sees a rock.

April 25, 2016, 8:55 p.m.

It's not the compound that's the problem. It's the casing that wants to open up with a 5mm gash every time it sees a rock.

That's like me and control casings… Lol

May 7, 2016, 11:15 a.m.

Ikon 2.35 Exo tr 3c on the back is providing thrilling speed and climbing so far in the dry conditions. A lot quicker than the purg I was running. Curious how it will do when thngs get wet.

Wrong. Always.

May 7, 2016, 11:27 a.m.

Ikon 2.35 Exo tr 3c on the back is providing thrilling speed and climbing so far in the dry conditions. A lot quicker than the purg I was running. Curious how it will do when thngs get wet.

On wet roots and rocks you'll wish you had something else on there - like a DHR2.

May 7, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

I bet you wear it out before we get any significant rain here again. :-/

May 7, 2016, 5:22 p.m.

It's the official tire of El Niño and I'm loving it baby !

Wrong. Always.

May 8, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

Minion SS end thread.

Shed head!

May 9, 2016, 7:09 p.m.

Minion SS end thread.

Looks awesome. Looks like they have a revamped crossmark and larsen too

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40