27.5 Rims - Help me decide

Oct. 1, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

http://noblwheels.com

This guy is awesome. Friend of mine has bought a few sets off of him now. He even smashed one rim and the crash replace was inexpensive, dude even rebuilt the wheel for him for free. 1 day turnaround, local etc. I'll be buying my next set off this guy.

yup Trev is a great dude to deal with bought my Hope hubs thru him he,s based out of Abby close to 5 corners

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 3, 2014, 12:37 p.m.

My king build is now on hold. :???:

I bought a set of complete wheels for less than I was going to pay for this build.

XO hubs, ZTR Flow EX :)

Now I need to decide on tires.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Nov. 10, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

CRC has these on for a REALLY good price.

I will end up doing this build when my spokes are in stock :D

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Nov. 10, 2014, 6 p.m.

CRC has these on at REALLY good price.

those rims are enticing - almost 20% lighter than the equivalent frequency model - but could be too good to be true

i'll be interested to hear how they work out for you dean

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 10, 2014, 6:23 p.m.

Damnit, didn't notice those. I just ordered Spank Oozy Evo rims off CRC but probably would have went with those instead.

Nov. 10, 2014, 6:34 p.m.

Damnit, didn't notice those. I just ordered Spank Oozy Evo rims off CRC but probably would have went with those instead.

i have 3 enduro races and several hundred KM of trail abuse on my OOZY rims and they are still round and true , very pleased with them .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 11, 2014, 7:32 a.m.

i have 3 enduro races and several hundred KM of trail abuse on my OOZY rims and they are still round and true , very pleased with them .

Good to know. Do they have a normal sized bead? The reason I ask is the Stans rims I have are a PITA to work with unless you have actual Stans tape and a tire that's not too tight. I would prefer to use a rubber rim strip but the Stans rims are too shallow to use one.

Nov. 11, 2014, 8:19 a.m.

Good to know. Do they have a normal sized bead? The reason I ask is the Stans rims I have are a PITA to work with unless you have actual Stans tape and a tire that's not too tight. I would prefer to use a rubber rim strip but the Stans rims are too shallow to use one.

not sure truthfully i don,t run them tubeless , i run the factory supplied rim tape and a cheap Axiom presta valve tube .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 12, 2014, 4:40 p.m.

What did you decide to run for tires Dean?I need some wet tires for my Trance.I am running a Hans damf on the front and a rock razor on the back right now. They are great dry tires, But suck in the wet.

Nov. 12, 2014, 7:04 p.m.

i have a old set of Intense Intruder mud tires 2.35 got them for cheap from CRC a couple seasons back , they stay fairly clean even in the muckest mud . they work better then the High Roller and Muddy Mary when it comes to mud .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 12, 2014, 8:31 p.m.

What did you decide to run for tires Dean?I need some wet tires for my Trance.I am running a Hans damf on the front and a rock razor on the back right now. They are great dry tires, But suck in the wet.

These GEAX Gomas have been getting a bit of attention since the GEAX name got dropped: http://spokemagazine.com/2014/11/05/geax-rebrand-to-vittoria-and-they-want-you/
I have not really looked into them because they only come in 27.5 and 29, but I feel this 27.5 wheel thread is an appropriate place for them to be discussed. They don't appear too heavy which seems to be Dean's thing.

Nov. 13, 2014, 9:24 p.m.

Hey Kim,
Move the Hans Damf to the rear and go with a Magic Mary up front.

I'm currently running 2 Mary's but it's tough pedalling , hence my Damf suggestion

Or Damf rear Minnion DHF

Nov. 14, 2014, 4:37 p.m.

650b Maxxis DHF EXO Tubless Ready 2.3 Maxxterra - FRONT

650b Maxxis High Roller II EXO Tubless Ready 2.3 Maxxterra - REAR

Really good in the wet.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Dec. 10, 2014, 10:25 a.m.

anyone on the wtb kom i-25? curious how it compares to a flow. similar price [HTML_REMOVED] width, at 90g lighter. bonkers! the i-23 is cheap indeed (on crc); not sure if i want to go that narrow. though only 2mm…

Dec. 10, 2014, 1:17 p.m.

anyone on the wtb kom i-25? curious how it compares to a flow. similar price [HTML_REMOVED] width, at 90g lighter. bonkers! the i-23 is cheap indeed (on crc); not sure if i want to go that narrow. though only 2mm…

http://nsmb.com/wtb-frequency-team-i25-rims/

edit: oops, sorry that's for the standard frequency. i've heard the kom referred to as a FRO rim, which doesn't bode well for durability. the bontrager gambit probably applies

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave