24" Tire suggestions please....

July 11, 2003, 2:04 p.m.

Originally posted by GrimniR
Get an Arrow/Duro/.243 - they're all the same tire (all made by Duro). The Arrow WideBite is a great tire if you really want to run a 3" tire - tough sidewall, lot's of volume (it's not as wide as a Gazzi 3", but it's a very tall tire) and plenty of braking grab. And it has a black sidewall!

All made by Duro, yes, but the same tire, no. Different tires completely; compound, tread pattern etc.

However I'd still probably go for that Duro. So damn cheap!

This space intentionally left blank.

July 11, 2003, 3:28 p.m.

Can't beat the Stout for price. Maxxis makes the Highroller in a 2.7" It handles well in dry conditions like Whistler. It measures out to be around the same size as a Gazzi 2.6"

I find that Maxxis has good grip and a really fast tire on dry conditions, but doesn't seem to have enough grip when it's wet.

July 11, 2003, 8:52 p.m.

i got a duro 3.0 for the front.. cheap and seems to grip real well.. similar to my surfas 3.0…

and a gazzi 3.0 for the rear… i cant wait for whistler tomorrow:D thanks for your suggestions dudes.. or i wouldnt have found the duro for so cheap:)

"If you're one of those riders who can come up with a list of tricks to learn and then tick them off like a checklist, good for you. But this one goes out to all of us sketchy, "hang-on" riders who get it done one step at a time. We may not be the ones getting the sponsors and video parts, but we sure are having fun"

July 12, 2003, 12:29 a.m.

3.0 Duro or 3.0 Arrow……They're not wierd and boxed out like nokians so they don't wash out. Oh and they both have really good knob patterns

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

July 12, 2003, 12:37 a.m.

Originally posted by SyC cHyLd
**i got a duro 3.0 for the front.. cheap and seems to grip real well.. similar to my surfas 3.0…

and a gazzi 3.0 for the rear… i cant wait for whistler tomorrow:D thanks for your suggestions dudes.. or i wouldnt have found the duro for so cheap:) **

:)

Rip it up! And while you're doing so, take out John on a berm… ;)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 12, 2003, 12:45 a.m.

i would take a kujo

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

July 12, 2003, 12:50 a.m.

Originally posted by IFO
i never thougth i'd see the day a Michelin was topped, but the loose silty sand at Whistler is def. not the rigth condition for teh Michelins…..

My Comp32 2.8" Michelin is not good on loose, dry conditions. Any sandy rockface, or loose sand/gravel, and it brakes loose quite easily. The Comp24 2.5" is much better.

I'll definitely be changing my setup to run the 2.8" in winter, and something else in the summer.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 12, 2003, 1:22 a.m.

agreed Switch im gunna be putting my Intense 2.7 back on the frt…
i'll keep the michy for wet/winter weather rides…