2021 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

June 28, 2021, 1:16 p.m.

The jank is still here, we’re just quiet about it again.

June 28, 2021, 1:51 p.m.

yer. lots of tech-gnar jank out there still; just sees relatively little traffic. many sanctioned trails that i *never* see people on. not complaining, of course.

June 28, 2021, 9:24 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

yer. lots of tech-gnar jank out there still; just sees relatively little traffic. many sanctioned trails that i *never* see people on. not complaining, of course.

That’s great to hear, I love all those rocks and fallen trees etc.

The forest in BC is so breathtakingly beautiful. An incredible attraction in itself, even without trails :)

June 29, 2021, 8:53 a.m.

A clean pass through Grannies or Upper Crippler makes for a special, if harrowing day.

June 29, 2021, 9:43 a.m.

Crippler is such an awesome trail.

I haven't ridden Skull in a while since I nearly died thanks to that lunatic who was sabotaging it, but I remember it also being great.

June 29, 2021, 12:09 p.m.

Posted by: craw

A clean pass through Grannies or Upper Crippler makes for a special, if harrowing day.

rode crippler last week; i forgot how properly janky it was. a fun bit of nostalgia. transitions nicely into the newer construction on lower crippler, for a bit of variety. 

i'm fond of the digger classic: bookwus / ladies / lower ladies or skull lap.  a nice blend of jank, stunts, and even a bit of flow.

June 29, 2021, 1:25 p.m.

How about a video of my 2021 bike?

RAAW MADONNA V2 Long-Term Review with V2.2 Peek MTB

https://youtu.be/DakbMIy_12M

I made this little Video Review to practice my English and camera skills. With travel restrictions I don’t have many opportunities to speak English :-/

I wrote Pete and Cam if it’s okay to post a couple of days ago, but haven’t heard back. So I’ll just try :)

There was some interest for my Madonna in this thread a couple of pages back. So why not…

June 29, 2021, 2:32 p.m.

Posted by: craw

rode crippler last week; i forgot how properly janky it was. a fun bit of nostalgia. transitions nicely into the newer construction on lower crippler, for a bit of variety. 

i'm fond of the digger classic: bookwus / ladies / lower ladies or skull lap.  a nice blend of jank, stunts, and even a bit of flow.

Jank is flowy if you're good enough!

July 1, 2021, 4:29 p.m.

Posted by: Znarf

RAAW MADONNA V2 Long-Term Review with V2.2 Peek MTB.......

I made this little Video Review to practice my English and camera skills. With travel restrictions I don’t have many opportunities to speak English :-/

I wrote Pete and Cam if it’s okay to post a couple of days ago, but haven’t heard back. So I’ll just try :)

There was some interest for my Madonna in this thread a couple of pages back. So why not…

Haha excellent, that put the rest of our "reviews" to shame.  🍻

And nice manual!

July 1, 2021, 8:36 p.m.

My '20 Meta AM with a new build for 2021. Loving it and no plans to replace it anytime soon!

July 1, 2021, 9:32 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: Znarf

RAAW MADONNA V2 Long-Term Review with V2.2 Peek MTB.......

Haha excellent, that put the rest of our "reviews" to shame.  🍻

And nice manual!

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

July 2, 2021, 10:09 a.m.

Posted by: martin

My '20 Meta AM with a new build for 2021. Loving it and no plans to replace it anytime soon!

That Helm looks great with the grey on the Meta. And normally those white springs normally look hideous, but again, works really well on with that paint. So tidy.

Last edited by: mammal on July 2, 2021, 10:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 2, 2021, 1:55 p.m.

Thanks! I bought the Cane Creek progressive spring before DVO made their own but I'd definitely have chosen black if I had the choice haha! it doesn't look too bad with the Meta's paint scheme though.

Last edited by: martin on July 2, 2021, 1:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 3, 2021, 10:09 p.m.

I dig the build.  Could you plasti-dip the coil black?

July 5, 2021, 9:25 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I dig the build.  Could you plasti-dip the coil black?

Thanks! Yes that could be an option! Since I might be a tiny bit oversprung on the 450-550 Cane Creek spring , I might try DVO's black 425-500lbs.