2021 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Jan. 28, 2021, 5:38 a.m.

Posted by: Poz

That Trust. It’s divisive looking but I like it. You thinking of switching it out?

Haha, I hear that a lot out on the trails.  Freaks people out.  I like the Shout a lot, once I adapted to how it handled.  Tracks like nobody's business and it actually encourages you to monster truck through stuff.  I was lucky, I snagged 2 of them for half the price of a new one (one brand new, the other only used a handful of times) right when the company's fate was up in the air.  Of course now I have no idea if there will be any support.  I think a shop in UT still works on them, but I haven't checked.

Is it better than a normal fork?  I wouldn't say that, just different.  Rebound range is a bit limited, damper has a pretty aggressive tune stock.  I need to throw some tokens in and play with air pressure a bit more,  but its a little more involved than most forks.  

The biggest downside is if you do land rear wheel first off a drop/jump, the fork is trying to move back, but it can't, so it feels super harsh.  But the solution is don't land rear wheel first.

Jan. 28, 2021, 3:34 p.m.

Cool. If your in Canada I believe Ion2 Suspension in BC works on them.

Jan. 28, 2021, 9:55 p.m.

how long are parts going to be available...  I'd be in a short position on Trust.

Jan. 29, 2021, 5:08 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

how long are parts going to be available...  I'd be in a short position on Trust.

That is why I bought two!  

(boy wsb really is everywhere now)

Jan. 29, 2021, 7:42 a.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGKTiNh3L_/

My new #shredsled 2021 Marin Alpine Trail XR. Size large. I had the shop change out the brakes for Codes. Other than that box stock. Will be changing to a SQLabs saddle and some ODI F1 series Vapour grips. Oh I added some plastic OneUp pedals and a bottle cage.

Bike looks Good Mike. No e-bike for a man of your age? :)

Jan. 29, 2021, 8:48 a.m.

Posted by: Brother-Lu

Posted by: DemonMike

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGKTiNh3L_/

My new #shredsled 2021 Marin Alpine Trail XR. Size large. I had the shop change out the brakes for Codes. Other than that box stock. Will be changing to a SQLabs saddle and some ODI F1 series Vapour grips. Oh I added some plastic OneUp pedals and a bottle cage.

Hahaha Nope no interest yet LOL . Check you PM I sent a message back

Jan. 29, 2021, 10:41 a.m.

Jokes aside, cycling is a low impact aerobic activity. Ride a pedal bike till you die. It's inherently a perfect old person activity, like water aerobics for the hardcore 🤘 except beneficial for balance and cognition too. Look at pictures of pre-capitolism China and the ancient old people happily riding their bikes around.

Personally I'll ride a bicycle until I'm no longer able to pedal, and then realistically, I expect to park the bike and keel over in short order.

Think the trails are dumbed down now, wait till we're all 80 and shaping the trails to suit us 😅

Last edited by: Hepcat on Jan. 29, 2021, 10:43 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 29, 2021, 10:50 a.m.

2020 Cotic RocketMax One year on, Loving the size of this bike, the extended reach. Fits me well, just got to learn to let it go. Pics from a ride on Tuesday 26th Jan.

Powerlines

Top of Neds

Just after the bridge over the river

Last edited by: GreyHead on Jan. 29, 2021, 10:53 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 29, 2021, 12:12 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Jokes aside, cycling is a low impact aerobic activity. Ride a pedal bike till you die. It's inherently a perfect old person activity, like water aerobics for the hardcore 🤘 except beneficial for balance and cognition too. Look at pictures of pre-capitolism China and the ancient old people happily riding their bikes around.

Personally I'll ride a bicycle until I'm no longer able to pedal, and then realistically, I expect to park the bike and keel over in short order.

Think the trails are dumbed down now, wait till we're all 80 and shaping the trails to suit us 😅

Well said, and so true on all counts.

Jan. 30, 2021, 10:42 a.m.

Here's my #supergiantdownduromonsterbike!

Geometron G1 XXLongest

It's a work in progress at the moment. Waiting on Code RSCs, a 220mm rotor and a OneUp 210mm dropper to come back into stock to finish the build. (the dropper seen here is a 175mm placeholder)

I'm bringing the Boxxer in to get serviced next week and have it lowered to 180mm. once that's done I'll get the steerer cut to where I need it.

I have Tannus Tubeless in the wheels. It'll be my first time running these inserts. I've run CushCore on other bikes for the past couple of seasons. The Tannus are noticeably lighter. Although, I found them WAY harder to install than the CushCore! Frustratingly so!

As it's sitting now I was surprised to find that I didn't feel stretched out as thought I would be. This is the longest bike I've ever sat on!

I'm also little worried about pedalling a DC fork. But, the internet tells me I shouldn't worry. I guess I'll find out in about a month and a half when, hopefully, I'll have all my parts.

Jan. 30, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Big bikes that can pedal (sort of).

Jan. 30, 2021, 3:51 p.m.

Posted by: RideEverything

Here's my #supergiantdownduromonsterbike!

Geometron G1 XXLongest.

I think you may have to pay Mike levy a royalty for using his grim donut design. 

Nice looking rig. I think the reason it doesn't feel big is that the ETT is actually not that long but the wheelbase definitely is. I suspect it will start to feel long when you try to make quick turns between tight trees.

Jan. 30, 2021, 4:48 p.m.

Whoa that geometron is amazing. Are you 7 feet tall?

Jan. 30, 2021, 8:01 p.m.

Posted by: Poz

Whoa that geometron is amazing. Are you 7 feet tall?

lol!

I'm 6" short of that.

Jan. 30, 2021, 8:32 p.m.

Such a tiny water bottle for such a large person. It's a crime that they don't put a bottle mount on a bike that big. I get it on a size med. but on XXL, they should have given you room for 3 bottles at least!

They didn't follow that part of Levy's design....