2018 SBG Transition Patrol

April 23, 2018, 1:59 p.m.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on one of these yet? There is lots of press on the Sentimal but next to nothing on the Patrol other than the almost too glowing review over at Vital.

I haven’t had a chance to ride one but on paper all the specs except weight seem perfect for me.

Has anyone seen a direct frame weight compared to the 2017 carbon and aluminum versions?

I wish I knew when they were going to release the carbon version and what the cost versus weight equation will be.

I also wonder how much of a (negative) difference the longer wheelbase makes on some of the North Shore’s skinnies and tech.

April 23, 2018, 6:01 p.m.

Saw one on Thornhill last week , dude really seemed to like it. He did say he could fell the changes and had to adjust but was very happy . My dog was going apeshit too ride so I didn,t get much more info . Nice looking bike in person as well .

April 24, 2018, 4:20 p.m.

I've had one since November. Just loving it!

I was on a medium Banshee Rune before, which was a lot shorter. I have no complaints about the Large size Patrol in tight trail situations. It's just awesome. I ride 90% shore, and of that 60% tech/gnar.

The only thing i really noticed was the low BB drop. The 6-8cm in reach and wheelbase i gained to be honest didn't affect me much, just made me faster on anything where you can open up.

Yes the frame is heavy. If the carbon sentinel is any indication, the carbon patrol will lose 2lbs over the aluminum. I'm cool with a 33lb bike though.

Last edited by: schyawn on April 24, 2018, 4:22 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 26, 2018, 6:25 p.m.

Thanks guys for the input.  It's interesting that given the popularity of the 2015-2017 Transition Patrol that there is not more info / online buzz about the new 2018 model.  I guess it's big wheeled brother (the Sentinel) is stealing all the limelight.

April 27, 2018, 3:19 p.m.

Likely plenty of info on mtbr/transition sub