2016 Norco Sight C7.2

Dec. 7, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

Are the shock pivots bearings or bushings?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Dec. 7, 2015, 10:35 p.m.

Adding a burly all mountain 150mm fork like the Pike does wonders for the ride. Although it's a fairly major difference between my current carbon sight at 150mm and my previous sight that had an absolutely terrible 140mm 2014 32 evolution. That fork should have never been made in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more… I switched the stock revelation for a 140mm pike on my 2014 Sight C2, best upgrade I ever made on any bike, period. At next service I might change the air spring to make it 150.

Still running the stock monarch rl shock… tempted to switch'er out for a db inline. Anyone tried both and has a feeling for how much of a difference it makes? I might be able to pick up a used one for 300ish.. worth it?

Dec. 8, 2015, 5:27 p.m.

What are your Sights weighing in at? Sub 30?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

Dec. 9, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

The pivots are all bearings. My Sight is just 30lbs with heavy tires. I didn't really build it to be light weight though.

Dec. 9, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

What are your Sights weighing in at? Sub 30?

No exact idea but by my bicep weight testing I figure a bit less than 30.

Shed head!

Dec. 9, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

Anybody know if I can re-use mounting hardware from stock Monarch RL for a DBInline on my Sight? Same eyelet diameter and width?

Dec. 12, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

I have been using this matte paint protector from a company in Quebec on my matte finish carbon bikes. It's almost invisible once applied. The matte clear isn't even listed on their site, but email them and you can order it. I paid $30 for a 2 foot x 5 foot piece, which is plenty for 2 bikes.
http://vvividvinyl.com/

The bike in this article is covered in the stuff; top tube, down tube, seat stays and chain stays. You can see a seam across "Norco" in one of the close up photos, and you can barely see a difference in the covered vs. uncovered side.
http://nsmb.com/cane-creek-double-barrel-coil-climb-switch/

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Dec. 12, 2015, 12:54 p.m.

I have been using this matte paint protector from a company in Quebec on my matte finish carbon bikes. It's almost invisible once applied. The matte clear isn't even listed on their site, but email them and you can order it. I paid $30 for a 2 foot x 5 foot piece, which is plenty for 2 bikes.
http://vvividvinyl.com/

The bike in this article is covered in the stuff; top tube, down tube, seat stays and chain stays. You can see a seam across "Norco" in one of the close up photos, and you can barely see a difference in the covered vs. uncovered side.
http://nsmb.com/cane-creek-double-barrel-coil-climb-switch/

I ordered the same stuff from those guys. I think I ordered it from their ebay store as they had the matte on there.

Pretty good product but, as all wraps, takes a bit of effort to get on good. I used a heat gun on low and waved over areas with bubbles to take care of that. The matte definitely is matte and doesn't look much different than the matte paint.

Dec. 12, 2015, 4:52 p.m.

I ordered the same stuff from those guys. I think I ordered it from their ebay store as they had the matte on there.

Pretty good product but, as all wraps, takes a bit of effort to get on good. I used a heat gun on low and waved over areas with bubbles to take care of that. The matte definitely is matte and doesn't look much different than the matte paint.

Do you have a link to the ebay sale?

Dec. 12, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

Do you have a link to the ebay sale?

I'll have to look in a bit.

Approximately how much you think you need? I have a bunch left as I gave up trying to do the whole frame.

Dec. 13, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

I'll have to look in a bit.

Approximately how much you think you need? I have a bunch left as I gave up trying to do the whole frame.

Enough for two bikes….. :fruit:

Dec. 13, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

A heat gun, windex and a small squeegee FTW when applying decals.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 13, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

A heat gun, windex and a small squeegee FTW when applying decals.

You forgot the most key element.

Patience.

I lost that on weld areas.

Dec. 13, 2015, 11:23 a.m.

Enough for two bikes….. :fruit:

Just checked the roll. Definitely not enough for two.

I could send you a couple small pieces to see if the stuff works for you.

Dec. 13, 2015, 11:24 a.m.

You forgot the most key element.

Patience.

I lost that on weld areas.

Fibrous Carbon is alway the answer my friend. ;)

That and a small pin to pop air bubbles that can't be formed out.

That 3M stuff I bought from Lordco has a installation kit you can buy separate with a small rubber squeegee.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.