2016 Devinci Troy

March 9, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Devinci Atlas 29er.. So up from 115mm travel to 140 but down in wheel size.

The Troy is waaaay stiffer and has a better ST angle than the Atlas (it had a 140mm fork) also a lot lighter. Jury is out on the climbing side of things. Seat angle is noticeable as is the weight but the smaller wheels aren't quite as good on the ups.

Troy has boatloads of traction but I need to work on setup on the fork / shock to dial in the really rough stuff.

The Atlas was the first 29er that I rode and fell in love when them….I ended up buying a Prime. I would love to see a newer Atlas with a bit more travel, beefier and with new geo….that would rock.

March 9, 2016, 6:44 p.m.

If you're local, I know Dunbar has a demo bike.

Lynn Valley Bikes has rentals/demos of the Troy and Spartan.

March 9, 2016, 9:01 p.m.

The Atlas was the first 29er that I rode and fell in love when them….I ended up buying a Prime. I would love to see a newer Atlas with a bit more travel, beefier and with new geo….that would rock.

or just hop on enduro 29

March 10, 2016, 10:49 a.m.

Spartan is high on the list as well and another board member has already made some positive comments on the bike.

I've been on Spartan for 6 months now. Carbon frame, parts from my last bike; X01, and 36 Float at 160mm. This bike rips! Best bike I've ever ridden. I thought I wanted a longer top tube, but I think maybe the trend is going too far because I love this thing. That said, they're not as long as many new 160mm bikes. I'll ride everything on the Spartan from all-day xc to anything outside of Whistler bike park.

Also impressed with the Monarch Debonaire whateveritscalled. Way better than the Float X on my last bike. Way better. From the factory it resists bottoming nicely (I didn't need to shim down the volume for first time ever), climbs like a friggin goat on steep/tech climbs, feels smooth, and is fairly lively and playful while still being able to plow. I'm not sure how this bike climbs as well as it does while still crushing the descents, its just does.

Poster above who heard it brake jacks/squats: Nope, it feels fine. Not as plush tech braking as some Horst (Knolly, etc), but not as firm as single pivot. I'm not a fan of VPPish bikes, and this suspension feels nicely consistent and neutral, if that's your thing.

I'm in low/slack with 175mm cranks. Yeah, you need to learn to time your pedals, I get an occasional smack but I personally don't want it any higher.

Downsides: paint scratches, as it seems to on all carbon bikes. I put frame protector tape on after a couple rides. Press fit BB. Water bottle mount would be nice. Was hard to find a QR seat binder (37.0mm, found a 36.9 that works). Small complaints, really.

TLDR: I wholeheartedly recommend this bike for aggressive do-everything type riders if you're OK with the sizing.

-- Founder of Abit Gear MTB shorts --

March 10, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

Also impressed with the Monarch Debonaire whateveritscalled. Way better than the Float X on my last bike. Way better.

The Evol air can brings a lot of performance to Fox shocks, similar in concept to the RS Debonnair can.

March 12, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

I picked up a size large aluminum Troy RS yesterday, took it for it's first ride this morning in the pissing rain down some familiar trails and I gotta say it's a very fun bike. Climbs much better than my dixon and the longer wheelbase just plows through stuff without being too cumbersome or boring. 100% would recommend as a capable trail bike for anyone in the market

March 15, 2016, 11:31 a.m.

I wanna' know where this is…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP2VV5kDOHk

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 20, 2016, 3:37 p.m.

^:lol: Not making that a 29er is a WTF moment.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 20, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

^:lol: Not making that a 29er is a WTF moment.

Agreed

March 21, 2016, 8:43 a.m.

Got out for a few decent laps on the Troy in the past week.

I was reserving my next post while I got used to the small wheels…was not sure I would after the first ride to be honest…

It all came together on the weekend and I would highly recommend the Troy to anyone looking for an aggressive trail bike. Fast, smooth [HTML_REMOVED] quiet and I am impressed with its climbing ability every time I head up hill. Initially I thought this would be the biggest downside.

Not quite as stable as the 29er but can definitely feel the stiffness in the corners and it changes direction a lot more quickly. The more you push it the better it is in the corners…

Only issue I have had has been with the guide brakes…. will see how that goes and swap for Shimano if its not sorted out next ride.

March 21, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

I rode a 2015 Troy (new design) for 3 days in Sedona last year and I really liked it. I'm tall with long arms and the XL felt natural under me. My regular ride is a 26" Nomad and I was on a Bronson for 2 days before the Troy. Of the 3 I liked the Troy the most and have been patiently waiting for the Spartan to be refreshed along similar lines (longer [HTML_REMOVED] lighter).

March 21, 2016, 8:33 p.m.

I wanna' know where this is…..

North Carolina