2010 Marzo Forks

Dec. 6, 2010, 1:24 p.m.

Picked up my Marz 44 Ti RC3 today from Point Roberts. Fork showed up sooner than expected. Didn't pay shipping, cause it's free in the lower 48. Declared the purchase at the Border with a smile and waved on through. Sale price, $275, end price, $275 with a slight exchange price difference. Not bad, as long as the fork doesn't turn out to be a piece of crap, but I really don't see that happening.

Master of Puppets

Dec. 8, 2010, 6:28 p.m.

Doh! I bought a 1.5" fork because my bike had 1.5" headtube but what I didnt realize (until this afternoon) was that my bike came from the factory with a reducer headset!! so I had to buy a new stem and headset today. I bought a Sunline V1 DH 1.5 stem and an FSA Big Fat Pig 1.5 headset all for $68 from Hucknroll with free shipping too. Now I have to wait another week or two to get the fork on my bike and I made a pricey mistake!! The 66 itself is sick though. It looks huge compared to the Domain. Good deals on the parts though guys?

Dec. 8, 2010, 7:22 p.m.

Finally picked up my 44RC3. What a nice looking fork. Paint looks sharp and the nickel stanchions look sweet! Can't wait to put it on something… What will Santa bring? :)

Dec. 8, 2010, 7:22 p.m.

Doh! I bought a 1.5" fork because my bike had 1.5" headtube but what I didnt realize (until this afternoon) was that my bike came from the factory with a reducer headset!! so I had to buy a new stem and headset today. I bought a Sunline V1 DH 1.5 stem and an FSA Big Fat Pig 1.5 headset all for $68 from Hucknroll with free shipping too. Now I have to wait another week or two to get the fork on my bike and I made a pricey mistake!! The 66 itself is sick though. It looks huge compared to the Domain. Good deals on the parts though guys?

$68 bucks is no big deal for the improved performance I bet you are gonna get!

Dec. 8, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

Picked up my 66rc3 ti couple days back in Blaine and had a good ride at Galby while down there. Declared it at the line and got waved through with no taxes. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow long enough to introduce it to Randy's. :rocker: It is only .25 lbs heavier than the totem solo air it is replacing.

Chainsmoker 8)

Dec. 8, 2010, 8:20 p.m.

Quick question, will the headset come with spacers? The only place I can find them is Jenson and CRC both of which have ridiculous shipping prices for a small piece of metal.

Dec. 8, 2010, 8:30 p.m.

Quick question, will the headset come with spacers? The only place I can find them is Jenson and CRC both of which have ridiculous shipping prices for a small piece of metal.

No it wont. You should be able to get them at any LBS

Chainsmoker 8)

Dec. 8, 2010, 8:47 p.m.

Quick question, will the headset come with spacers? The only place I can find them is Jenson and CRC

No it wont. You should be able to get them at any LBS

i'm going to hazard a guess that flatline will need you to parse that acronym

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 9, 2010, 12:32 p.m.

called a few places…..none have them. one of the stores can get them in but it will take at least a month or so. Does anybody here have any? or will I be fine using none? I dont want to have to cut the steerer too short

Dec. 9, 2010, 12:39 p.m.

Picked up my 66rc3 ti couple days back in Blaine and had a good ride at Galby while down there. Declared it at the line and got waved through with no taxes. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow long enough to introduce it to Randy's. :rocker: It is only .25 lbs heavier than the totem solo air it is replacing.

Hey burke ryder, did the send you the 1.5 version you ordered?

Dec. 9, 2010, 12:47 p.m.

Yes 1.5

Chainsmoker 8)

Dec. 10, 2010, 8:11 p.m.

called a few places…..none have them. one of the stores can get them in but it will take at least a month or so. Does anybody here have any? or will I be fine using none? I don't want to have to cut the steerer too short

Thats a surprise, come to think of it, it took 6 or 7 shops before I could find a reducer headset. Not sure about the I.D.'s but how bout some ghetto spacers. ABS, or if you have a white bike PVC.

Chainsmoker 8)