2010 Giant Faith

June 23, 2009, 4:02 p.m.

not like the session 88 has a usable seat tube

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 24, 2009, 1:02 p.m.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Maestro is a DW knock off and the 7POINT had a straight seat tube. Giant either needs to sharpen their pencils and go back to the drawing board or the straigt seat tube wasn't a priority.

Wow, how demanding. Maybe this isn't the bike for you then. I don't think Giant can sharpen they're pencils much more. There are a lot of compromise when designing a bike, obviously for Giant they have chosen suspension over a straight seat tube. If it is a DW knock-off then in order to not be a DW link, then there are some things that must be different. In this situation it doesn't seem like to get their ideal geo, and suspension they can offer a straight seat tube. Its just not a bike you will buy, but tonnes of others will.

.:NSTP:.

June 24, 2009, 3:38 p.m.

If it is a DW knock-off then in order to not be a DW link, then there are some things that must be different.

Funny because DW said the latest iteration of the Glory Maestro suspension is a complete knock-off of the DW link.

DW's words via RM
Link to OG Thread

Unfortunately this is not a licensed dw-link bike, and I had nothing to do with the design.

As this point it's gotten blatant and ridiculous. It's certainly not fair, but what in life is. We have to keep believing that the system does what it is supposed to and things are righted eventually. I'm a firm believer in karma, so..

Maybe heaps of people will buy the bike, but I guarantee they'll lose a lot of sales thanks to the lack of seatpost adjustment range.

June 24, 2009, 7:50 p.m.

I think that if it is, even though he probably said that as the bike was a proto, since he's into filing suits again large companies, he may just do that to protect his design.
And they may lose sales by not having a full seatpost, but many great bikes don't have that range: session 88, Demo 7 and 8, SC VP Free, Driver 8, Scott Gambler and Ranson, Rocky Flatlines, etc.
Some bikes with a full seatpost may still be far from the perfect bike, so I'm sure people will just have to compromise to get the bike that suits them best.
Also, even with that lack of a "full seatpost" many people that suit the size range will have enough seat post adjustment to get it to their needed height.

.:NSTP:.

June 24, 2009, 8:03 p.m.

If you are extremely tall or like to jam your seat all the way down that curvy seat tube would matter. If you are of average height and don't like having a completely slammed seat then no biggie. I would buy a Giant just to spite DW.

June 24, 2009, 8:10 p.m.

I would buy a Giant just to spite DW.

this. :lol:

Check my stuff for sale!

March 31, 2010, 11:28 p.m.

Giant made a 7" and 7", Stiff as hell, 37lbs Freeride bike. The bike I have has little to no flex and weighs nothing compared to the old Faith (Let alone most DH/FR bikes on the market). The reason that they have the bent seat tube is that the swing arm needs clearance. Even if it was straight they put the top pivot straight through the seat tube to save on weight. If the bend wasn't there the pivot for the upper link would still stop the post from dropping all the way down. Sure they could have added a pound of aluminum and welds to put a gusset in front of a straight seat tube just to make people who should be buying an ALL-Mountain bike happy. But why? This is a crazy light super nimble and stiff freeride bike made to go downhills not up.

On that note, because Giant saved me the weight. I've already pedaled mine up a shuttle road with a cut Thompson seatpost that has just enough length to be fully raised (80mm max) and it's still low enough when dropped to shred! Either way this bike rocks so far!

Notice the post length at Max. Perfect for me. When I drop it till it stops it is more than enough to rip. Which on this day was a little loose an slippery. Haha. It was dry the day before:p