2010 Boxxer - Issues and Advice

July 14, 2009, 12:14 a.m.

Check the oil height in the damper to see if it is overfilled.
Check the oil height in the lowers (damper side mostly) to see if it is overfilled
Remove the bottom out bumpers and cycle the fork to see if all travel has been achieved.

July 21, 2009, 9:39 p.m.

question

I plan on buying a new team and I talked to cove and they said they fix the new boxxers. My question is should I ride it till I notice a problem or just get it serviced right away.

July 22, 2009, 9:47 a.m.

question

I plan on buying a new team and I talked to cove and they said they fix the new boxxers. My question is should I ride it till I notice a problem or just get it serviced right away.

Suggestion:

- Do not buy the new team, it is riddled with unfixable problems (like porous castings).
- Buy a Fox40, a 2009 Boxxer or gasp!!! A 888.

July 22, 2009, 10:12 a.m.

question

Suggestion:

- Do not buy the new team, it is riddle with unfixable problems (like porous castings).
- Buy a Fox40, a 2009 Boxxer or gasp!!! A 888.

I hate to say it, but given the 'issues' that are currently on the radar for the fork, I would wait for a 2010 Boxxer. If you can hold tight for a few months, the issues will get worked out, but right now, you are only inviting headaches down the line with a 2010 Boxxer.

If you get the fork from the Cove or any other shop right now, you will HAVE TO RETURN THE FORK AT SOME POINT FOR WARRANTY WORK. All models have some parts that need replacing and the work must be done at a service center (NORCO for the lower mainland). No shops will be performing the warranty work.

In other words, 2010 Boxxer owners are in for a bit of a headache in the coming months.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

July 22, 2009, 12:54 p.m.

question

Any new 2010 going to shops have all been inspected and if found to be in need of service, then they would have been serviced prior to it being sent to the shop..

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

July 22, 2009, 2:34 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2203481]Any new 2010 going to shops have all been inspected and if found to be in need of service, then they would have been serviced prior to it being sent to the shop..[/QUOTE]

True, but only if they have JUST BEEN SHIPPED to the shops.

Total gong show if you ask me at this point. SRAM needs to make a lot more info public. A LOT MORE INFO.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

July 22, 2009, 7:43 p.m.

ya I just went to my shop today and they pretty much said that rockshox wont send it to them if its a defective one. So do I stick with a 2009 race or go the 2010 team. Sounds like I should stick with 09 race.

July 22, 2009, 8:02 p.m.

i don't have a boxxer but just wanted to say mad props to dean for bringing this to attention and offering up a great post with tips and photos of what to do.

dean, you're definitely ass et to the mtb community.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 3, 2009, 7:55 a.m.

OMG… Is it true. Sram has finally sent out parts to Norco and Lambert to try and fix the cluster $[HTML_REMOVED]@! they have made for them selfs and the rest of us.

mmmm….carbon

Aug. 3, 2009, 10:15 a.m.

OMG… Is it true. Sram has finally sent out parts to Norco and Lambert to try and fix the cluster $[HTML_REMOVED]@! they have made for them selfs and the rest of us.

Hmmm, sounds like good news. I'll be hitting my LBS early this week.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

May 13, 2010, 12:43 a.m.

Sorry to drag this old thread up. How did this turn out for everyone? I rode with two guys with 2010 Teams tonight and they both said the fork is great and didn't mention any probems. I'm looking at a new fork, but not a new Boxxer if they haven't sorted it out. Maybe an '09?

May 13, 2010, 8:23 a.m.

Just bought one off ebay, like $800 for some new teams.

Will update once they are on the bike.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 13, 2010, 9:34 a.m.

Sorry to drag this old thread up. How did this turn out for everyone? I rode with two guys with 2010 Teams tonight and they both said the fork is great and didn't mention any probems. I'm looking at a new fork, but not a new Boxxer if they haven't sorted it out. Maybe an '09?

All World Cup and Team forks needed to have the rebound cartridge among other parts replaced. If the parts have been replaced, then the for is fine.

So YES, the 2010 Boxxer is now sorted out.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

May 13, 2010, 10:40 a.m.

Thanks Dean. That's what I was looking for.