2007 Specialized

Aug. 16, 2006, 10:27 a.m.

Anyone got any thoughts on their new lineup and/or the thought of designing their own suspension?

Aug. 16, 2006, 10:28 a.m.

I question a first year production run of their suspension… but god willing that Demo 7 makes it to production in those colours… it is mine…MINE ALL MINE!

So sick!

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 16, 2006, 10:35 a.m.

cough front page article cough

Just posted this morning, complete with thoughts. :)

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Aug. 16, 2006, 10:57 a.m.

^ Read that first and then…. dreamt a wee bit… found the thread here and replied!

Are you telling me that is the production colour? Are you kidding me?

Please tell me that it is so!

Please! For the children!

Note: When I find out who these children are… I'll let everyone know!

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 16, 2006, 11:02 a.m.

Nice bikes. I'm not a big fan of that argyle paint job though.

Indeed, I speculate about a first run suspension system. Should be interesting to see how they do.

viperfunk.com

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:02 p.m.

cough front page article cough

Just posted this morning, complete with thoughts. :)

Huge props for calling it as you see it, and not being afraid to bag NSMB team's main sponsor.

I think that going with house brand suspension on their best selling bike will send a lot of would be customers to other brands, especially in the 1st year. Very risky business move IMO.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:06 p.m.

dirty deeds - to be clear, I'm not bagging on Specialized. I'm just not convinced that the world needs another 6" fork.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:11 p.m.

Dual crown on an XC bike? I'm just getting into it.. but I'd way rather ride the single crows like fox float

Marty's Mountain Cycle

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:26 p.m.

I think the Enduro line is a big step backwards. They have basically gone to the simplest, most basic looking full suspension bike you could imagine, except it has a curved down tube.

The Eduro SX Trail was such a nice bike this year. It totally made me rethink what type of bike I might need in the future. To the point that a demo seven or SX could very likely be my next bike. However, with the new Eduro frame I have officially removed it from consideration. It just seems to lack that something special.

Just my thoughts.

Oh, and no way to a run a new fork in its first year. Even a reliable company like Fox had issues when they hit forks, and I know specialized knows a hell of a lot less about suspension than fox.

Props for a very honest article.

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:33 p.m.

Dual crown on an XC bike? I'm just getting into it.. but I'd way rather ride the single crows like fox float

I think it's more of an "all mountain" bike, 6 and 6, but lighter than an SX.

I would be very suspect about that fork, and a 25mm hub? come on. The should just put some carbon legs on a fork, and rebrand it, like the good old days of the Future Shock FSX

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:40 p.m.

dirty deeds - to be clear, I'm not bagging on Specialized. I'm just not convinced that the world needs another 6" fork.

Specialized appears to be going down the path of "proprietary everything" to "capture" (hold hostage??) the customer and max out on profits. Cannondale tried that route (Coda everthing it seemed) and…well you know how that ended up.
I am staying with the tried and true suspension guys…Fox and Marz for me all the way!

Aug. 16, 2006, 12:44 p.m.

^^^^ Yeah but if you think about it so is Sram. They only difference is that Sram aquires companies and then lumps them all under the same name while maintaining the original company name. They only difference is that Spec makes bikes and Sram still doesn't… yet! I could see Sram aquiring a few of the aling bike companies… or the ones that need some form of financial help.

But I agree with Luudwig… I will wait and see how these things pan out in regards to the suspension!

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 16, 2006, 5:39 p.m.

Who do think is making the forks and shocks for Specialized? I heard that it is all being done by FOX.

Aug. 16, 2006, 5:55 p.m.

Specialized appears to be going down the path of "proprietary everything" to "capture" (hold hostage??) the customer and max out on profits. Cannondale tried that route (Coda everthing it seemed) and…well you know how that ended up.
I am staying with the tried and true suspension guys…Fox and Marz for me all the way!

either GT or Giant that own a parts company too, they supply a lot parts for their bikes. it's gotta be handy from a cost persepctive. in the long run it kills choice though - once the biggies have you by the balls, they start cost cutting

Aug. 16, 2006, 6:40 p.m.

i don not like those enduros on that article