2004 Z1 FR QR20- Comments

Jan. 19, 2004, 2:51 p.m.

I am seriously thinking of getting a some '04 Marzocchi Z1 FR QR20 forks with a Chris King headset.

I will be installing them on my '03 Cove Stiffee.

BTW- I decided against the z150's as they seem to weigh a tad too much.

Do any of you guys have any comments on them. I would really like comments from guys/gals that have ridden them and owned them.

Thanks,

thedude

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 19, 2004, 4:02 p.m.

I didn't own a 2004 but I did have a 2003. I found the fork to be very plush over small and large bumps. I didn't notice any spiking from the fork at high speeds. Plus having the ETA was awsome for biking uphill, it totally changes the dynamics of your bike when it's enabled. The only complaints I had about the fork were the QR20 system, it's too fussy. And the bushings when pretty quick, but that what warrenties are for.

Jan. 19, 2004, 4:16 p.m.

Ruff,

Thanks for the info on the fork. I am looking forward to actually being able to ride up a hill without pulling a wheelie all the time.

When you say bushings, are you meaning the bushings in the fork have needed to be replaced already on an '03

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 19, 2004, 4:20 p.m.

ya I noticed there was some play in the right leg. I grabbed the front brake and had one hand on the right lower leg. I felt and heard aclicking sound in the leg, so I took the fork in for warrenty. Norco replaced the bushing under warrenty. My LBS told me that was a cammon problem for the 2003 Z1's. This occured when the fork was about 7 months old.

Jan. 19, 2004, 4:21 p.m.

Biking up hills is gay.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Jan. 19, 2004, 5:37 p.m.

Originally posted by ruff
ya I noticed there was some play in the right leg. I grabbed the front brake and had one hand on the right lower leg. I felt and heard aclicking sound in the leg, so I took the fork in for warrenty. Norco replaced the bushing under warrenty. My LBS told me that was a cammon problem for the 2003 Z1's. This occured when the fork was about 7 months old.

That sucks only after 7 months.

Kids!!….a moment of pleasure..a lifetime of pain.

Jan. 19, 2004, 6:21 p.m.

Originally posted by ruff
I didn't own a 2004 but I did have a 2003. I found the fork to be very plush over small and large bumps. I didn't notice any spiking from the fork at high speeds. Plus having the ETA was awsome for biking uphill, it totally changes the dynamics of your bike when it's enabled. The only complaints I had about the fork were the QR20 system, it's too fussy. And the bushings when pretty quick, but that what warrenties are for.

all of the above except no bushing problems!! i did however crack the crown in two places from DH/FR….id honestly call it "hack abuse" without a doubt!! i would not hesitate to by this fork again if i were looking for another single crown fork….it preformed amazing.

on a side note!! the fork was returned from Norco's warrenty department fully clean and nearly brand new 3 days after bringing it to my LBS, then sold to a friend replacing his sherman flick that he had for less than 4 months!!

:: TEAM MOMENTUM CYCLE :: TROY LEE DESIGNS :: OAKLEY :: HOPEY :: PUMP-X ::

Jan. 19, 2004, 6:26 p.m.

I heard the Z150 is weak, not in a strength sense. Apparently the fork is heavy and flexy. You're probably better off with a Z1. I heard of a bunch of archs breaking last year, but the fender mounting holes are supposed to be redesigned this year, hopefully resulting in less fractures.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Jan. 19, 2004, 11:59 p.m.

Originally posted by TheRob
Biking up hills is gay.

you rock my world :heart:

SOR