2003 Cove G-Spot???????

July 15, 2004, 11:16 p.m.

I have been riding my Evil Imperial more and more and prefer it over my Banshee Scream. I am getting rid of the Banshee Scream Frame and thinking of getting something lighter. What do you think of the 2003 Cove G-Spot?? It is used but oh well. I think of putting a 5 inch SC fork like a Sherman Firefly on the bike also. Would it compliment the frame well or should I put a 7 inch slider on it? I like to ride uphill and the FR stuff like drops and gap jumps. Drops are not high, maybe max 12 feet on a good tranny. I really want to stick with the SC fork. What do you guys think? Any rider input? Are they prone to breaking?

July 15, 2004, 11:47 p.m.

if u like the Cove bikes u should look into the new Cove Playmate…

i think its a FAR better design then the older G-spot is…

http://www.covebike.com/playmate.htm

July 15, 2004, 11:55 p.m.

Originally posted by IFO
**if u like the Cove bikes u should look into the new Cove Playmate…

http://www.covebike.com/playmate.htm **

It is nice, but I am going lighter with a SC fork but can also take the big hits. If I was getting a playmate, then I would keep my Banshee Scream

July 15, 2004, 11:58 p.m.

the Playmate is guna be a shit load lighter weight wise then your Scream…

but i can understand if your looking for a lighter weight FR bike…

it can be a tuff find…u really have to search em out…

strong adn light is a rare breed indeed…

July 16, 2004, 12:29 a.m.

Originally posted by IFO
**if u like the Cove bikes u should look into the new Cove Playmate…

http://www.covebike.com/playmate.htm **

Cove bikes certainly do have unique names.

July 16, 2004, 1:06 a.m.

Check out the sale tomorrow (well, technically it will be today). They'll have some smoking deals on the G-Spot. They've been selling a lot of them this week - prices are pretty low on the 03 frames.

And yes, the G-Spot with a 5th Element will be more nimble, lighter, pedal better, etc., than a big bike. Smoke was riding one for quite a while because he needed something he could ride hard, yet pedal on long rides. I believe he ran both a Slider and a Slider Plus on his. A 5" Sherman would complement the bike too.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 16, 2004, 10:04 a.m.

You will really like the gspot, get it with the 5th element. Don't buy a used one though, go to the sale at the cove today (Friday July 16) because all 2003 gspots are 50% off. Comes to $956 after tax, thats cheap. There's only a few left though.

July 16, 2004, 11:46 a.m.

g-spots are definately an awsome bike. i run mine with a 04 super t , and its sexcellent. they're totally worth buying.

July 16, 2004, 11:55 a.m.

I have 3 friends who rock the G-Spots… two of them go HUGE. Nothing but good things to report.

July 16, 2004, 2:14 p.m.

Does the Cove Bike Shop have these 50% off sales every year? I'm not considering getting a dual-suspension bike yet but I'm sure I'll want to get one at one of their sales if they have them in the future. Wow, $956 after tax for a dual-suspension bike (it's not just the frame, right?). I got my 2003 Kona Stuff there for $900 before tax!

July 16, 2004, 2:33 p.m.

Originally posted by math314
Does the Cove Bike Shop have these 50% off sales every year? I'm not considering getting a dual-suspension bike yet but I'm sure I'll want to get one at one of their sales if they have them in the future. Wow, $956 after tax for a dual-suspension bike (it's not just the frame, right?). I got my 2003 Kona Stuff there for $900 before tax!

I'm quite sure that would be Frame w/ Rear Shock only.

July 16, 2004, 5:28 p.m.

Id wouldnt get a 03 or older my brother rode one not going big at all or anything to bad and he killed the frame(ovalized headtube, bent seattube, cracked shockmounts amoung other issues wiht the frame.) He then got a new 04 front end with the new plates and its doing great. The 04 has a much better design at all the main parts like reinforced headtube shock mounts and some other small details. Its definatly worth the money to get the 04 in my opinion. Definatly get it with the 5th also if it dosent break there great bikes light and stong to a point.