20" Kids Bikes

June 28, 2007, 1:54 p.m.

Giant STP 125 20", about $300…

Des

= MRX sram shifters. They have a much heavier spring in the shifter which makes it hard for kids to shift gears.
The Norco Ninja (awesome new bike from Norco) and the specialized mentioned above are more expensive because they use Shimano (revo) shifters which have a much better action for small hands.

June 28, 2007, 2:03 p.m.

= MRX sram shifters. They have a much heavier spring in the shifter which makes it hard for kids to shift gears.
The Norco Ninja (awesome new bike from Norco) and the specialized mentioned above are more expensive because they use Shimano (revo) shifters which have a much better action for small hands.

My bro picked up a STP 125 from BSP for his 7 y/o daughter and I haven't heard any complaints about shifting…

..but if that's the case, I'm sure BSP(or any Giant dealer) would accommodate an exchange. Aren't Norco kids bikes pretty heavy?

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

June 28, 2007, 3:06 p.m.

Hey Nouseforaname, I can't find the Ninja on the Norco site. Is that the right model name?

June 28, 2007, 6:23 p.m.

On one of my daughter's bikes, the front derailleur was very difficult to shift, so I picked up a used LX for $10 and swapped that in.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells