15mm vs 20mm axles

April 6, 2013, 12:41 p.m.

You know exactly what I meant

If you meant something different, i sure don't know what you mean.

April 6, 2013, 8:10 p.m.

Honestly, there's no way to fairly compare the two. If you put a 20mm Axle and a 15mm axle on the same fork, the 20mm will be noticeably stiffer. However, most forks will have either option, not both. The Fox 34 series gleans its stiffness from changes to the lowers/crown, as well as the axle, but not just the axle, which is why it feels close to the 36: It's a more updated design. It's not really a fully fair comparison, but I'll run 20mm.

April 6, 2013, 8:21 p.m.

Honestly, there's no way to fairly compare the two. If you put a 20mm Axle and a 15mm axle on the same fork, the 20mm will be noticeably stiffer. However, most forks will have either option, not both. The Fox 34 series gleans its stiffness from changes to the lowers/crown, as well as the axle, but not just the axle, which is why it feels close to the 36: It's a more updated design. It's not really a fully fair comparison, but I'll run 20mm.

There is no way to compare the two period at least where Fox is concerned.

How can you compare the 20mm axle on the 36 to the 15mm on the 34 or 32? You can't because the flex fore and aft is due to the crown stiffness, not the axle. The smaller stanctions and crown will flex far more than the axle.

I don't have too much concern riding my 32mm forks with the 15mm axle.

April 6, 2013, 11:02 p.m.

The RS Revelation comes in all three. 9mm, 15mm and 20mm

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

April 7, 2013, 9:15 a.m.

The RS Revelation comes in all three. 9mm, 15mm and 20mm

9mm is stupid, I don't understand why they even bother making it. Now that's a dead standard for mtb.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 7, 2013, 9:50 a.m.

9mm is stupid, I don't understand why they even bother making it. Now that's a dead standard for mtb.

Pricepoint.