150mm dropper posts

Sept. 19, 2014, 10:43 a.m.

Do any of you take off the dropper in the muddy season just to save the hassle? This is akin to the peeps who put the dually away for the rain bike/HT…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. The riding I do isn't any less demanding in the winter so I want my bike running at full performance.

I've had good luck with droppers:

- Cranks Bros Joplin 3: 4yrs with one free service
- Crank Bros Jpolin 4: light use no service
- KS dropper: 4yrs no service
- RS Reverb qty two - 6 months no service

All of them keep rocking and rolling.

Ultimately I care more about having a dropper than spending $$ maintaining them - although as I said that hasn't been an issue.

Sept. 19, 2014, 11:35 a.m.

Which one is the lightest? Does anyone make a carbon/part carbon dropper? Why does Giant put a 100mm dropper on their trail bikes? :???:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 27, 2016, 9:54 a.m.

About 6 months in on my KS Lev Integra 150mm (not stealth version). The rebound is still amazing and just remounted and dialed the cable length but having "sticky" issues putting my weight on the post with lever actuated and getting seat to compress. I tried all pull positions with the metal bar the cable ultimately pulls but no luck. Also had this issue with the stock lever and just mounted an under-the-bar southpaw lever this morning an no improvement.

Not a lot of time on my seatpost yet. Bit of mud and water from the Winter in Vancouver but still pretty new.

Anyone else had the same issue? Doesn't seem to be with the cable actuation but something "internal"

Feb. 27, 2016, 11:44 a.m.

About 6 months in on my KS Lev Integra 150mm (not stealth version). The rebound is still amazing and just remounted and dialed the cable length but having "sticky" issues putting my weight on the post with lever actuated and getting seat to compress. I tried all pull positions with the metal bar the cable ultimately pulls but no luck. Also had this issue with the stock lever and just mounted an under-the-bar southpaw lever this morning an no improvement.

Not a lot of time on my seatpost yet. Bit of mud and water from the Winter in Vancouver but still pretty new.

Anyone else had the same issue? Doesn't seem to be with the cable actuation but something "internal"

I had a similar problem and traced it to the end cap unscrewing on my ks lev DX. Tightened it up and good to go.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 27, 2016, 12:13 p.m.

yeah check the top nut on the post and see if it is loose , both mine and my son's have come loose over time , my Lev internal has been great almost a year old . just switched to the southpaw lever as well and all good , the cable can stretch over time and gets pulled around if the bars spin around in a crash .

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 5, 2016, 4:28 p.m.

Thanks for tips. Just rechecked forum now and will give that a try next time I have bike ready to tinker and will report back with results!. About 6 months in my Lev now but lots of riding in Vancouver over the winter for me.

March 5, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

I love my Lev. I bought it fully expecting to send it back for warranty immediately just because everything sucks these days. It's been flawless for almost a year now.

March 5, 2016, 9:06 p.m.

Flawless for a year? Pff. Believe it or not I have an original xfusion hilo 27.2, 100mm drop I've had since new in 2010. Zero issues, never even had it apart.

They don't make em Iike they used to.

March 7, 2016, 7:46 a.m.

If you get a LEV Integra, make sure to get the current design where the post is actuated by the cable pulling, not the original design which was actuated by cable housing pushing. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the seatpost. Newer design is far more reliable!

March 7, 2016, 9:35 a.m.

Have a Lev Integra 150 on one bike and a Giant Contact 150 on the other. Both perform great and I have had zero issues. I'm also running both with a shimano ispec shifter as the dropper lever.

For the money, you can't beat the Giant.

March 11, 2016, 7:44 a.m.

Anyone tried the RF/Easton droppers yet? I have one on order and wondering if anyone has any actual ride time on one.

March 15, 2016, 2:07 p.m.

150mm is soooo early 2016. The reverb now comes in 170mm, with "redesigned internals for better performance and durability". Or something.

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/reverb-stealth

And even better: "150mm and 170mm travel options available in all diameters" !!!

Previously the 150mm version wasn't available in 30.9… it was initially offered but recalled after quality issues. Sign me up for a 170!