~'1.5' ply tires

July 17, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

The Specialized slighter rounder casing (compared to Minion) is still feeling shitty to me even after a few months on these tire. It's not pile o' crap round like a Navegal or something, just not as locked in feeling as a Minion.

Lightness of 1.5 casing is very nice.

Same thing here, i prefer by far the clutch sx than the butcher sx for the front. Butcher is pretty awesome in the back though, id say better than the chunder when it comes to traction.

July 18, 2011, 1:15 a.m.

Had my first ride on a Spesh Clutch SX yesterday, they apparently have the 1.5 ply. It was great at very low pressure (rainy and boggy conditions!) and I think weighs less than the Maxxis Dual Ply. Grips better than a Minion DHF as well.

July 18, 2011, 7:07 a.m.

My vote goes onto Spec's SX tires. Nothing short of being amazing!

I've recenlty got Clutch SX 2.3 tires and these are my best tires ever. Insanely sticky (far more better than Intense SR50 or Maxxis 42a which I've used for many years until now). Great grip in wet/loam/rock/wood. Each of two tires I own weight 990g. I've been riding 2-ply sticky tires since 2002 and after riding 1.5-ply SX casing from Specialized I'm sold :) No more 2-ply in my case. You can run crazy pressures and they won't pinch flat. One thing is very amazing - some sort of additional "rebound" tires create while you're riding it. Feels like additional shock travel.

I can only suspect that Butcher SX will be as great as Clutch SX as they share same casing and compound (45a/55a).

The only drawback is that these tires are almost impossible to buy at European resellers :(

G3Riders www.g3riders.org
www.facebook.com/G3Riders/

July 18, 2011, 10:52 a.m.

yoonior, not sure how much they will charge for postage but I got my Clutch from here - http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/

Free spesh tube with the Clutch at the minute as well :)

July 18, 2011, 11:02 a.m.

cheers guys. going to try some sx butchers - as soon as i can find someone locally that carries them…

July 18, 2011, 3:22 p.m.

What's the difference between the Butcher SX and Clutch SX in terms of performance or characteristics?

I used the Clutch SX all winter and found them great, really grippy, but quite slow rolling which made the longer rides a bit of a slog. For the "summer" I'm using EXO DHFs which roll much faster but are pretty sketchy when things get wet. I'm wondering if there is something in the middle.

July 18, 2011, 3:57 p.m.

This post on ridemonkey might be what you're looking for?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3662504[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=99

50a single ply tubeless butchers