Price(USD/PCS)$140
Materialfull carbon fiber
Size26er
Outer width30mm
Depth25mm
ERD536mm
WeaveUD/3K/12K
Weight370g+/-10g
I am tempted to try these out for DH, in full UD. Seem very similar to the enve AM rims. I wish they had a polished cross section of the rim.
At $140, they seem worth the risk, only $50 more than Stan's Flows, 100grams lighter. I bet they last longer than the flows do, and I'm sure they're stiffer…
http://www.enve.com/wheels/mtb/twenty6AM.aspx
http://www.notubes.com/ZTR-Flow-26-32-Hole-Black-P333C22.aspx

April 30, 2012, 3:50 a.m.

Nice. I had checked out the MTBR threads, but most of the guys there are running them on lefty's, XC bikes and whatnot. I wanted to see if anyone is beating them hard.

I might just try out the wide 29er rims first. Just got an AM 29er hardtail, that is fun as hell. I did a couple of techy XC rides to get used to it, but took it one it's first gnar ride today, on this trail, and it is pretty confidence inspiring. Passed on a handful of captain bignuts moves, but overall, the hybrid shreds!

I think I will be using it for any trail that requires climbing, regardless how gnar it is.

It has tankish, flexy WTB speed disc AM rims with cheap formulas. They flex so much, the tire rubs the chainguide under cornering and sprinting. Figure I will not be pounding them through rockgardens as hard as I would on the DH bike, but will still be working them over. And really the 29er needs wheels bad, while the DH bike has mavic/ringles. And the 27lb niner would benefit from dropping a pound more than the 39lb DH bike would.

http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/26in-chinese-carbon-all-mountain-rim-769498.html

April 30, 2012, 7:23 a.m.

Wow those look surprisingly good. Anyone up here order any?
I need to build up fresh wheels for my Enduro. This could be just the ticket?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 30, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

i'm about to lace up some wide 29's

April 30, 2012, 7:29 a.m.

Keep us posted!

Maybe try it as a rear wheel first? If it explodes you could probably ride it out!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 30, 2012, 9:32 a.m.

Is the strength compromised any by the lack of spoke eyelets on a carbon rim?

April 30, 2012, 9:58 a.m.

Is the strength compromised any by the lack of spoke eyelets on a carbon rim?

I researched this a fair bit when I was building my road bike and a lot of the chinese carbon rims have a metal strip around the rims below the nipple holes.

I have 50mm carbon tubular Chinese built wheels on my road bike. After 1 yr they are awesome - that said I got them from an 'established' seller with a few years track record. I would totally try these rims but with managed expectations…

April 30, 2012, 10:10 a.m.

^ Hot!

April 30, 2012, 10:36 a.m.

I murdered it.

April 30, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

I would love to see some destructive testing comparisons to really feel comfortable. Say between a couple of Mavic offerings, Enve and these new chinese offerings. I think that would be very interesting.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 30, 2012, 11:22 a.m.

Wait - so I can save half a pound on rims by trying these chinese knockoff carbon rims instead of tried-tested-true Stans ZTR Flow?

Where do I sign up?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

April 30, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

Wait - so I can save half a pound on rims by trying these chinese knockoff carbon rims instead of tried-tested-true Stans ZTR Flow?

Where do I sign up?

Funny coming from someone riding a Superlight carbon bike.

April 30, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

Funny coming from someone riding a Superlight carbon bike.

Beat me to it. How is the guy with the carbon Mojo beating down carbon rims? These could be built in the same factory as that Ibis for all we know.

April 30, 2012, 12:20 p.m.

I've been using Mavic UST rims for a number of years now, so I don't have any experience with converting non tubless rims and I'm quite interested in trying a set of these.

Do you really need a full Stan's rim strip or equivalent to make these tubeless? Seems to me that you just need to seal the spoke holes with some fiberglass packing tape and insert a mavic valve and you're good to go with some sealant. Does this work?

If not, the weight of the rim strip will obviously need to be taken into consideration when comparing to 819's for example. Currently I'm running 819 front and 823 rear on both my AM and DH bike. These rims will save a full pound over my current setup if rim strips are not needed, plus I will get the bonus of a wider front rim. Either way, there is a lot of weight to be saved. I thought carbon rims were still 5 years at least from being affordable for me, so if the strength is there I'll be stoked to say the least. If these hold up as half as well under me as the Enve AM do under Minaar and Peaty, we're in business.

April 30, 2012, 12:39 p.m.

I've been using Mavic UST rims for a number of years now, so I don't have any experience with converting non tubless rims and I'm quite interested in trying a set of these.

Do you really need a full Stan's rim strip or equivalent to make these tubeless? Seems to me that you just need to seal the spoke holes with some fiberglass packing tape and insert a mavic valve and you're good to go with some sealant. Does this work?

They seem to have super short sidewalls, so can probably just use the Stans Yellow tape.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.