13 enduro evo expert.....who rode one or has secret info?

Nov. 25, 2012, 9:50 p.m.

180mm front and rear.

:canada:

Nov. 25, 2012, 10:12 p.m.

You should sell me the wheelset.

Nov. 25, 2012, 10:56 p.m.

Clark, what kind of spokes do you usually use?

dt competition (j-bend)

Nov. 26, 2012, 2:43 a.m.

If I had the space I'd buy one of those things. I reckon it'd be a riot on the downs and good training hauling it about.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 29, 2012, 5:14 p.m.

I LOVE my 2011 EVO. As an Aussie spending a season in Vancouver and Whistler, I couldn't think of a better bike. A week at Whistler riding all the black and a few of the Dbl Black runs, then add a little pressure to the tires before heading over to the island for a 100km (over two days) trail ride.

Truly one bike to rule them all.

I'm not sure the new one will be as flexible. An Enduro goes up as well as down, the EVO goes more down than up, The new EVO? I'm happy to be proven wrong, but there doesn't seem to be much "up" left! Perhaps they should have just called it the new SX.

Anyway, now I'm back in Australia and I've come to the realization that the EVO is really just to much bike for my local trails, so the EVO sits quietly on the bike stand and reminds me of the best season EVER!

Feb. 12, 2013, 10:53 a.m.

Been contemplating the 2013 Enduro Evo as my Demo 7 replacement (my main bike that does get pedalled up). Hopefully you guys have had a bunch more saddle time in the last few months to give some real experienced feedback?

Much appreciated!

Feb. 12, 2013, 11:27 a.m.

Been contemplating the 2013 Enduro Evo as my Demo 7 replacement (my main bike that does get pedalled up). Hopefully you guys have had a bunch more saddle time in the last few months to give some real experienced feedback?

Much appreciated!

I updated the fork on my 2012 Enduro Evo to a 66, which brings the geo closer to the 2013 Evo.

The bike used to climb just fine with the stock 170mm fork, and I have been pleased that the new 180mm fork didn't take much off the climbing abilities.
Going down feels even better, but that is also, because I like the fork better (66 CR replacing Van R).

I used to have a Demo7, and there is no comparison on the climb, with the Enduro.
The Demo's geo was not helpful at all to pedal, but going down, it was beautiful.

Feb. 15, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

I'm not sure the new one will be as flexible. An Enduro goes up as well as down, the EVO goes more down than up, The new EVO? I'm happy to be proven wrong, but there doesn't seem to be much "up" left! Perhaps they should have just called it the new SX.

The new Enduro Evo is designed to replace the Demo 7 and the SX Trail (which was always based on the Enduro platform anyway). Looks long and low to me. Definitely a BC niche bike!

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 15, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

The SXT (2011) was designed to replace the Demo 7. The 2013 Enduro EVO was designed to replace the SXT (1 lb lighter and slacker). The EVO absolutely slays the dh, way better than the SXT (travel is more linear as well). I got mine weighing under 32lbs so she climbs pretty good.

:canada:

Feb. 17, 2013, 11:07 a.m.

I have the 2011 enduro expert.

Its a capable bike up and down, and will excel further in either class depending on how you configure your bike.

Im 225lbs and have put a beating on the bike and only had had a few issues with my config.

• The roval wheels are quality and light, but were too flexy for my weight/style. Now running deemax ultimate.
  • The fox fork. Good, but i swapped for a marz 55.
  • Creaking headset. Its hard to troubleshoot. I used tin foil for shimming on the integrated bearings to get a better fit. Seems to have solved the problem.
  • A volume space in the RP23.
  • Wider bars and shorter stem than stock.

Other than that, everything has been good. Love the geometry.

But no, i wouldnt race XC on it, or use it as my sole park bike. It fits nicely inbetween.