'10 888 Rc3 Evo

April 26, 2010, 11:49 p.m.

Ok, so i have a brand new 888 sitting at home that will be getting tossed onto my demo when i get home in a couple weeks, question is who is running the factory springs in em? im 205 pounds, so needless to say i have a feeling that the factory spring rate isnt going to cut it. anyone know if they offer replacement springs for them yet?

April 27, 2010, 1:13 a.m.

how about you post that question without a picture of yourself holding a gun ready to kill someone you've never met because somebody else you've never met told your C O it was a good idea

April 27, 2010, 1:16 a.m.

Wow….

April 27, 2010, 1:22 a.m.

how about you post that question without a picture of yourself holding a gun ready to kill someone you've never met because somebody else you've never met told your C O it was a good idea

Wat?

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

April 27, 2010, 1:48 a.m.

I haven't tried the fork yet, but you might be able to get away using stock springs by using more compression. However to set it up properly (not relying heavily on the compression setting) you might have to switch to the heavier springs. (when i had a 888, it was an older model, I could run the stock springs but I was better suited for the heavy springs)

Motion, you deserve a swift smack upside the head. Regardless if you support the war or not I think it is right to support the men/ woman who are willing to give their lives up for our ability to have a safer life. Go start your own thread, if you have such an issue with these people and wish to express it.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

April 27, 2010, 2:20 a.m.

Motion, before you bother trying to slag me, how about atleast ATTEMPTING to form a proper sentence.

P.S: I found a more appropriate picture, I think its Motion himself…

April 27, 2010, 8:14 a.m.

the stock springs are pretty heavy u will probley just need to turn the preload up

April 27, 2010, 8:37 a.m.

Preload should not be used in place of stiffer springs. You should only use preload to set sag on you your bike. Thats really it. I am 190 lbs, I have stock springs in my 888. I don't bottom them but I do use all my travel. They feel pretty soft, but like I said, I rarely bottom out. So you may be ok. If you go real big, get some heavier springs.

Ride BMX
Ride for yourself.

April 27, 2010, 9:09 a.m.

Regardless if you support the war or not I think it is right to support the men/ woman who are willing to give their lives up for our ability to have a safer life.

logic fail. if he doesn't support the war (or the mission, or whatever term the government's pab hacks have determined panders to the most canadians), it's unlikely he agrees that it's making his or anyone's life safer. seems the UN agrees with him, fwiw

if the op doesn't want to take shit about the questionable work he's taken on to make bank, he shouldn't be broadcasting it

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 27, 2010, 9:31 a.m.

just for that - I'm changing my avatar.

logic fail. if he doesn't support the war (or the mission, or whatever term the government's pab hacks have determined panders to the most canadians), it's unlikely he agrees that it's making his or anyone's life safer. seems the UN agrees with him, fwiw

if the op doesn't want to take shit about the questionable work he's taken on to make bank, he shouldn't be broadcasting it

1. This is a gear forum - for discussions on "war" etc take it to NBR.

2. 99% of the time, Canadian soldiers only do what the "elected" government in power at the time tell them to. Assuming all of you bitchers have voted, if you have a problem with what Canada and Canadian soldiers are doing abroad, take it up with the Government, not the soldiers.

3. If you exist in some sort of fairy tale world where you think we don't need a military at all, please move to Costa Rica.

4. To answer the OP - get the right springs. While my 888 is a 2006 - I believe the tech and function are similar and running too soft springs was not very much fun. (can you say fork dive)

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

April 27, 2010, 9:38 a.m.

2. Soldiers only do what the "elected" government in power at the time tell them to. Assuming all of you bitchers have voted, if you have a problem with what Canada and Canadian soldiers are doing abroad, take it up with the Government, not the soldiers.

sorry, they tried that line at nuremburg and it failed there too

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 27, 2010, 9:40 a.m.

sorry, they tried that line at nuremburg and it failed there too

please see #1 - and that was a ridiculous example of Godwin's rule. FFS - we are talking about Canadian soldiers here - not Nazi's.

Now - do you have any comments on the '10 88 EVO fork?

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

April 27, 2010, 10:07 a.m.

I don't think there are heavier springs available. at least they aren't in the parts listings…

Check my stuff for sale!

April 27, 2010, 10:30 a.m.

I don't think there are heavier springs available. at least they aren't in the parts listings…

Yeah this is why I asked.
The last triple clamp fork I owned was a 07 Super T, and I was only about 165 pounds back then, so the factory springs were fine. I even looked through the owners manual thing on the Marzocchi site and it mentions nothing of spring weight in regards to rider weight… And cranking up the preload and leaving the volume adjustment at its smallest will just ruin the ride, so id prefer not to go that route…

For those of you that had input related to the question at hand, thanks, those of you that want to chuck shit at the Army, have at it, its your right and your entitled to your own opinion. Shoot me a PM or we can meet face to face like men and come to an agreement. I dont question your career path, but im fiercly proud of mine.

Cheers,
Dave

April 27, 2010, 11:25 a.m.

What's so wrong with that?

www.vitalmtb.com