04 Santa Cruz Info???

Aug. 21, 2003, 9:36 p.m.

It lands anything like you just landed onto a waterbed:D
It feels SO sweet:thepimp:

Aug. 21, 2003, 10:09 p.m.

My big question is: will they shorten the V-10 for '04? If they do, I will get one, if not, maybe the Giant DH.

Aug. 21, 2003, 11:09 p.m.

Originally posted by lockemiester
My big question is: will they shorten the V-10 for '04? If they do, I will get one, if not, maybe the Giant DH.

They aren't that long… A small is 44.2" which is 0.5" shorter then my small Team DH. I guess if your getting a large then I could see the length being an issue but the large is for massive people.

Aug. 21, 2003, 11:20 p.m.

Just got a response a few hours ago….

Couldnt say much about the V10/V11 or whatever but told me everything i already know about the V8

I am thinking they will change the design just like all the Americans are saying. By the pattern i see in Santa Cruz goes (change desgin every 2 years) i think they will change it for 2005 for sure.

Toyota 4Runner - Caged, Geared, Locked and Eatin Rock!

Aug. 21, 2003, 11:46 p.m.

all dh bike do that !

That's the CRAZY CANADIAN!
www.roteccycles.com
www.grcomponents.com

Aug. 22, 2003, 12:29 a.m.

Originally posted by fcf-spec
That makes me wonder though… I see guys going pretty big on the V10, wouldn't it feel like shit on landing because the bike would instantly blow through the 4 or so inches of sag and then try to soak up the drop on the last 6"s? Or does the 5th shock turn the suspension on a high speed hit like that into 10" of useable travel?

No way dude. I had a super 8 before with an avy… pretty much the sweetest bike of all time, or so i thought. Then I upgraded to the V10 and it is just so much smoother. Not only does it feel bottomless, (somewhat like what I had,) but it also sticks to the ground way better after you land. It pedals well also once you have it moving (getting it moving is another story!) especially in the rough.

What I was suprised about most is that it is great on the tight, twisty technical stuff like lower joyride or 7th. The turning radius is not so great but for a medium it is the same as my old super 8 (which I had set to its shorter wheelbase)

I really cant say enough about this bike.

Aug. 22, 2003, 1:17 a.m.

Fuck it.
I'm keeping my V10…it's just TOOOO sweet:D
What the hell was I thinkin???

Aug. 22, 2003, 12:48 p.m.

video of vpp6/8 under our nose???
cross-link:
http://bb.nsmb.com/newforum/showthread.php?s=[HTML_REMOVED]threadid=22895

Aug. 22, 2003, 2:08 p.m.

yeah, I've been hearing about the V8…anyone know anything about the other new SC's…:???:

"Ahhh the Serenity" - The Castle
George Bush: International Terrrorist
"call it a skirt again and I'll kick the piss out of you…Davidson for Life"

Aug. 22, 2003, 2:11 p.m.

Based on what I'm hearing here, I now know what my next frame is gonna be. The V10 sounds sweet.

I don't really understand what you guys mean by "negative travel" though. Does that mean that there's literally 4" of sag when you sit on the bike?
There's no option for a front derailleur, is there? Not that is matters much, just curious. I usually like riding up, it'd just be harder.
Oh yeah, and what's the deal with the floating caliper? Does it make much of a diff [HTML_REMOVED] how does it work?

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

Aug. 22, 2003, 2:30 p.m.

Originally posted by EndoKing
**Based on what I'm hearing here, I now know what my next frame is gonna be. The V10 sounds sweet.

I don't really understand what you guys mean by "negative travel" though. Does that mean that there's literally 4" of sag when you sit on the bike?
There's no option for a front derailleur, is there? Not that is matters much, just curious. I usually like riding up, it'd just be harder.
Oh yeah, and what's the deal with the floating caliper? Does it make much of a diff [HTML_REMOVED] how does it work? **

negative travel…it means that the rear suspension will try to press into dips in the trail , increasing traction and power transmission, rather than just deflecting up on hits.

Aug. 22, 2003, 2:35 p.m.

Originally posted by somms
negative travel…it means that the rear suspension will try to press into dips in the trail , increasing traction and power transmission, rather than just deflecting up on hits.

Aaahhh… I see. So I assume that's the reason there's so much sag. Pretty cool.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

Aug. 22, 2003, 2:50 p.m.

I would think the V10 is hard to huck because the back is stuck to the ground because of the sag? You would real speed no?

Originally posted by Count Blah
Count Blah chillin' in the bushes:thepimp:

Euuuurah Euuuuuuuughah! Eugh… FUCK! :lol:
I've sentenced myself to a life behind bars, great!

Aug. 22, 2003, 3:17 p.m.

v 10s are amazing bikes, i saw the duck tape bike at whislter to, i thought it was the "v8" but if i think about it, it makes since that it was a revised v 10, it had ducktape around the mainframe, hiding what could defanitly be monocouque and a tweaked linkage, it was set up all dh though.:???:

looked pretty sweet.

and v 10s are amazing, i have ridding a few and it is just amazing, the tire is just glued to the ground, friends with them say it takes about 1/3 more speed to clear jumps but that is fine if you can get it.

LOL, if i lived in whislter or just raced dh i would definatly get one, so cushy and bottomless.:)

Aug. 22, 2003, 6:07 p.m.

Originally posted by CraigH

Here is a great pic of a V10 at full compression.
http://www.gutsploder.net/worldcup/images/DSC01899.jpg

that's so cool, isn't it? i mean, look where bikes have gone in the past 10 years….