04 Boxxer Team Problem - Please Help

May 15, 2008, 8:43 p.m.

Did a complete tear down at the end of last year because of damage. Compression side fork leg took a hit which resulted in a slightly dented lower and the inability to externally adjust compression. I had the compression dialed all the way in anyway so I rode it for a couple more rides without any performance problems. Tear down - So I replaced all the seals filled both fork legs with 10wht Motul and placed the "nub thing" at the top of the compression rod in so there was no gap showing to the inside of the rod. Put the fork back together and it feels very smooth. The problem is the fork won't sit fully extended and blows through the travel as soon as I sit on the bike. First thought is I have the compression valve all the way out. Called my bud and thinks it's a combination of not enough oil (filled to 152mm to the top fully compressed) and air trapped in the fork leg. This brings me here, the be all end all point of home repairs. I am done for the night working on it but plan to open it back up tomorrow.

Thoughts, suggestions [HTML_REMOVED] opinions please! :beer:

May 16, 2008, 5:42 a.m.

anyone?

May 16, 2008, 5:53 a.m.

I had a boxxer that did the same thing take it apart again and look in the compression area there is a small yellow plastic disk that has three machined holes in it look and see if it is cracked between to of the holes. It has been a few years since i have done any boxxer work but the symptoms sound just like what i had.

good luck

dustin