'03 Kona Scab..owners views required...

Nov. 6, 2003, 8:43 a.m.

Im sorely tempted bya Kona Scab…….
Iwant it for dirt/street and plan to stick Magura HS 33's on it so i can try improving my trials skills.

I think they look sweet,and ive been offered one at a super deal ,the only thing that bothers me is its 35 pound weight………

As trials bikes seem to be getting lighter and im not the biggest/strongest bloke alive any owners comments would be appreciated b4 i shell out hard cash…..how do they ride etc?……

I can handle bars and cycle-paths,
but i cant handle cars and psychopaths..

Nov. 6, 2003, 9:19 a.m.

the bike is definetly not engineered for trials. its a purely DJ bike. sounds like you want a lighter frame…

btw 35 pounds is stock, which comes with the jump fork which is a heavy bastard. you could get it lighter than stock easily. but it would be easier and smarter imo if you just got a lighter bike to begin with. specially if your not huge.

my thoughts

Nov. 6, 2003, 9:46 a.m.

well i dont want a pure trials bike more of an allrounder really…trials /street/dirt/cycling to pub! but cheers mate..
Other frame i thought of is a DMR sidekick…

Nov. 6, 2003, 2:31 p.m.

planet x pitbull or new jack flash sounds perfect.

\Mat"toid\, n. [It. matto mad (cf. L. mattus, matus, drunk) + -oid.] A person of congenitally abnormal mind bordering on insanity or degeneracy.

Nov. 12, 2003, 4:23 p.m.

I own a Scab and it rules. Make sure it's an '03 as i cracked my '02 Scab where the seatstay meets the seat tube. You look at an 03 and it's just pure beef. I've jumped it dropped it, you name I've done it on that. And getting one complete will be a bargain now, as they're discontinuing it for 2004.
Go for it they're rad.

I'm not only president of Head Clubbing for Men, I'm also a client.

Nov. 12, 2003, 5:48 p.m.

They are for sure strong bikes. I cased a 20 foot double FRONT WHEEL FIRST because I lost control before i took off, and the bike was fine, I also cased it on big doubles and the bike comes back everytime without a scratch, i HIGHLY recomend it.

Nov. 13, 2003, 5:13 a.m.

cheers guys but i think im going for a DMR Sidekick (sweet Brit hardtail)

Nov. 13, 2003, 9:37 a.m.

the 01 250cc was the best bike for dirt jumping / street that bike lasts for ever

ht pride