02 Monster T problems....

July 13, 2003, 4:49 p.m.

Hi all,

I have a 'clicking' sound coming from the right upper leg (looking from behind the bars) and it seemed to go away with the preload full on but now it's clicking like crazy no matter what the adjustments are set at! I took it apart and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I'm stumped ….. anyone else had this problem?

Thanks……..

July 13, 2003, 4:55 p.m.

strange, when does it make the sounds? a buddy of mine had the same thing happen to his shivers and what the problem was it he took off the top O-ring and forgot to put it back on, make sure you have everyting fully seated when you put the c-clip back on the preload/rebound dial thing

July 13, 2003, 4:57 p.m.

just out of curiosity… where in the kootenays are you?

RIP Sam Brown. Thanks for the Inspiration, creativity and progression.

July 13, 2003, 5:06 p.m.

The noise is happening in the first inch of travel. I've checked everything to make sure it's good. I took it in to the LBS and they said to just run more preload which worked but after a week of riding …. it's back!

BTW I'm living in Vernon now but I was born and raised in Nelson so I like to think of myself as a Kootenay boy as compared to an Okanagan boy …. not that there's anything wrong with that!

July 13, 2003, 6:07 p.m.

Have full compression when you put your cap back on. Stops the spring from hitting the inside.

Kids!!….a moment of pleasure..a lifetime of pain.