ebikes on the Shore

June 6, 2019, 4:51 p.m.

Hahahaha

I'm guessing the majority of riders whinging about them ride rouge trails a good portion of the time. Is that being hypocritical?

June 6, 2019, 5:06 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Hahahaha

I'm guessing the majority of riders whinging about them ride rouge trails a good portion of the time. Is that being hypocritical?

well if you go down the rabbit hole far enough we're all being hypocritical in one way or another. 

i think the goal to shoot for is give back more than you take, or at least keep things in balance. I can think of a handful of people who are in a positive balance and feel that the majority of riders  - over 80% - are in a negative balance, some by a long shot. ebikes will probably make that worse.  it doesn't have to be that way though - again it's about creating the right culture.

June 6, 2019, 5:18 p.m.

I'm with you. I'm not likely to buy one unless I need assistance to ride. All the bitching about them isn't going to help, there are here and here to stay. We just need to find a way where it all can work together, its totally going to be a culture thing like you say.

June 6, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Hahahaha

well if you go down the rabbit hole far enough we're all being hypocritical in one way or another. 

i think the goal to shoot for is give back more than you take, or at least keep things in balance. I can think of a handful of people who are in a positive balance and feel that the majority of riders  - over 80% - are in a negative balance, some by a long shot. ebikes will probably make that worse.  it doesn't have to be that way though - again it's about creating the right culture.

Skinny Rock, Wood... No gold ribbons of dirt "NO FLOW" crazy old school tech lines that a e-bike will not do well on.

Boost mode on a skinny does not sound like a good idea...

If you are a builder on the shore and do not want a mass e-bike crowd it is up to you to build that trail.

June 6, 2019, 9:56 p.m.

^natural aesthetically pleasing speed bumps

June 7, 2019, 4:16 a.m.

Posted by: Silk

Posted by: syncro

Hahahaha

Skinny Rock, Wood... No gold ribbons of dirt "NO FLOW" crazy old school tech lines that a e-bike will not do well on.

Boost mode on a skinny does not sound like a good idea...

If you are a builder on the shore and do not want a mass e-bike crowd it is up to you to build that trail.

Are you drunk, or did you fail english class?

June 7, 2019, 7:14 p.m.

"Are you drunk, or did you fail english class?"

English.....

June 10, 2019, 10:54 a.m.

Posted by: mudrunner

Whatever you do on an e-bike, you don't need to be the dude who parks his Audi in the parking lot at the top of Mountain Highway.

Hahah please tell me you got a photo of this. Hilarious. I have seen fools with ebikes waiting in the car line up to park in the Fromme lot which is hilarious, why wouldn't you park down the street when you have pedal assist? Get a longer lap in.

June 10, 2019, 11:06 a.m.

I saw two Park Rangers on ebikes yesterday.  They were going up Old Buck exiting on Deep Cove Lookup and saw them coming down the road on CBC later on.   Looks like they are trying keep the riff raff off the rogue trails.  $115 fines if you get caught.

June 10, 2019, 12:45 p.m.

Were they patrolling darkside or rogue trails on general Seymour?

June 10, 2019, 1:18 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

I saw two Park Rangers on ebikes yesterday.  They were going up Old Buck exiting on Deep Cove Lookup and saw them coming down the road on CBC later on.   Looks like they are trying keep the riff raff off the rogue trails.  $115 fines if you get caught.

Got to catch them first.

June 10, 2019, 1:32 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Were they patrolling darkside or rogue trails on general Seymour?

They can only officially patrol in Provincial Parks boundaries.... TrailForks has where the boundaries are. Going up Old Buck is Parks.

There is a pretty open relationship with Park, DNV and Metro so I wouldn't be surprised if trail knowledge is shared.

Last edited by: LoamtoHome on June 10, 2019, 1:38 p.m., edited 4 times in total.
June 10, 2019, 1:43 p.m.

There isn't a rogue trail on the Shore that Parks, DNV, and Metro doesn't know about. Well unless it's only a couple hours old...but if it's been out there for 3-4 months...they know.

June 10, 2019, 1:52 p.m.

Im not sure I believe that unless its dramatically different between DNV and DWV.

June 10, 2019, 2:50 p.m.

DNV goes out and maps ALL the trails and shares it with others.  Fromme and Seymour included.