too much fun

June 19, 2015, 9:20 a.m.

I was racing down Hawskins rd. on my dualy commuter. I see this guy on a cycle cross bike behind me just before i pop off the road down a connector trail to Seymore river.
I like to ride on the side of the stairs. Super narrow section with no room for error.
when i got to the trail that follows the river he passed me!
I thought i was going fast! Then i see the guy having fun in the skate board bowl.
Seeing that level of skill and fun made my day!
Commuting by bike is a blast!
I need a cycle cross bike! But i dont think ill ever match that guys skill on the bike.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

June 19, 2015, 10:42 a.m.

That was me. Glad you were impressed by my skills.

Wrong. Always.

June 30, 2015, 7:08 a.m.

^^^ great first post . . . welcome .

June 30, 2015, 8:53 a.m.

Yes commuting by bike is slower than a car. I too enjoy the scenery as i ride. The small patches of dirt i discover to avoid traffic. Greeting people with dogs, smiling saying hello.
i get to work feeling energized and ready to face the day with a smile.
Observing other commuters of all types. Even talented shredders like Buster Bluth stylin on a cycle cross bike……..
Bike commuters look happy. People in cars. Not so much.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

June 30, 2015, 8:55 a.m.

Well…isn't that special.

Wrong. Always.

June 30, 2015, 8:59 a.m.

I want to share how I started commuting. I think this will be amazing for you guys.
I used to travel by car.Once I was attending a wedding function in Bangalore. I was amazed by looking cycles up and down the street.Finally I decided to use cycle for office.Now I realized that while driving the car, I was unable to watch the clouds, hear the birds singing, see the turtles and bunnies along the sides of the road, smell the clover, or feel the breezes on his face. I had to drive slow enough to look at the scenery on either side, but faster cars were constantly rushing up and then staying on my bumper, frightening me to death.

It seems that I felt convenient in the first week of my experience.But the second week brought rain, and its disaster.Apart from that I had many problems for keeping my belongings. One day my friend suggested me to check out Lumos Commute solar backpack. It suited me so well. The main thing is that now I can charge my gadgets on my way to office.
I recommend you to go through this product and enjoy the new technology.
:)

based upon your user name … and that you are from Bangalore, India, and Lumos is an Indian based company … do you work for Lumos?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

June 30, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

based upon your user name … and that you are from Bangalore, India, and Lumos is an Indian based company … do you work for Lumos?

For shame, such cynicism. What ever would make you think that???

Ride, don't slide.

June 30, 2015, 5:11 p.m.

But the second week brought rain, and its disaster.Apart from that I had many problems for keeping my belongings. One day my friend suggested me to check out Lumos Commute solar backpack. It suited me so well. The main thing is that now I can charge my gadgets on my way to office.

You must say more about this fantastical Lumos Commute solar backpack that recharges your gadgets while keeping the rains off of you.

June 30, 2015, 11:21 p.m.

Yes commuting by bike is slower than a car.

Depends where you live. In my 'hood commuting by bike is about twice as fast as driving.

www.natooke.com

June 30, 2015, 11:36 p.m.

One day my friend suggested me to check out Lumos Commute solar backpack. It suited me so well. The main thing is that now I can charge my gadgets on my way to office.

At the rate this backpack charges the 2200mAh battery it would really only be useful if you were touring or bike/camping. Just for fun I constructed a waterproof solar roll-up usb charging thing that can drape over the back of my bag for about 20 bucks worth of bits I ordered online.

It charges at twice the rate as that lumos bag but still takes 6 hours of direct sunlight to fully charge a 2200mAh power bank. I guess it could be practical if where you work you have a south facing window you can leave it next to all day..

www.natooke.com

July 20, 2015, 12:12 p.m.

A cyclo-cross bicycle is a bicycle specifically designed for the rigors of a cyclo-cross race.Cyclo-cross bicycles roughly resemble the racing bicycles used in road racing. The major differences between the two are the frame geometry, and the wider clearances that cyclo-cross bikes have for their larger tires and mud and other debris that they accumulate.

Thanks for clearing that up. I though they were used to make toast.

July 22, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

:scream:

Wrong. Always.

July 23, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

Yes commuting by bike is slower than a car. I too enjoy the scenery as i ride. The small patches of dirt i discover to avoid traffic. Greeting people with dogs, smiling saying hello.
i get to work feeling energized and ready to face the day with a smile.
Observing other commuters of all types. Even talented shredders like Buster Bluth stylin on a cycle cross bike……..
Bike commuters look happy. People in cars. Not so much.

Also get to see interesting things on the morning commute like "Naked screaming man" in Stanley Park, as I did last week.

What car driver gets to work with a story like that . . . that he wisely decides to keep to himself.

July 23, 2015, 2:26 p.m.

Depends where you live. In my 'hood commuting by bike is about twice as fast as driving.

I thought you only posted in NBR?

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

July 23, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

I don't post in mountain bike forums. This is not a mountain bike forum.

liar.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.