Suit packing for the commute

Sept. 20, 2016, 10:40 a.m.

Hi all,

Finally decided that the only way I am going to get more riding into my week is bike commuting.
My work has showers and a bike room so I am good.

Just wondering if I can get some recommendations for backpacks or panniers for the packing of a suit ( until i sort out a locker etc).
I would also like it to hold a 15 inch laptop and maybe a lunch.

thanks in advance for any help

Sept. 20, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

Hi all,

Finally decided that the only way I am going to get more riding into my week is bike commuting.
My work has showers and a bike room so I am good.

Just wondering if I can get some recommendations for backpacks or panniers for the packing of a suit ( until i sort out a locker etc).
I would also like it to hold a 15 inch laptop and maybe a lunch.

thanks in advance for any help

2 wheel gear classic garment bag. I've had one since last year and it's great, I have the V1 and it looks like V2 has some useful updates. They are available at MEC in North Van.

http://www.twowheelgear.com/collections/all/products/commuter-garment-pannier

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Sept. 20, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

+1 for the classic garment bag. That is the best option for commuting with dress clothes that I am aware of.

My wife started bike commuting as well this year, and that is what I set her up with as well.

Getting that bag on the rack can be a minor hassle, but it is the best panier option by miles.

Sept. 21, 2016, 7:10 a.m.

I've been really happy with the build quality of my TWG messenger bag.

If you're bike commuting with a laptop in a pannier bag, always make sure your computer is off when riding (not sleeping), invest in a good hard drive setup for backing up your work, or an SSD based computer. Hard drives aren't fond of being vibrated around daily!

Sept. 21, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

I've been really happy with the build quality of my TWG messenger bag.

If you're bike commuting with a laptop in a pannier bag, always make sure your computer is off when riding (not sleeping), invest in a good hard drive setup for backing up your work, or an SSD based computer. Hard drives aren't fond of being vibrated around daily!

I spy with my little eye, an EIT.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Sept. 21, 2016, 10 a.m.

Thanks All.

Great advice. I will look to pick up the 2 Wheel bag. It looks like exactly what I am hoping for.

Also great advice about the laptop and backups. I had not considered the jolts my hard drive will be taking on a bike on the way to work.