rain booties

Sept. 2, 2014, 8:34 a.m.

mine are toast and need to buy anouther pair. any suggestions? the cheapo ones at mec look like they suck

Sept. 2, 2014, 10:50 a.m.

I just bought these. I really liked the use of zippers instead of just Velcro, and the construction appears really solid and of durable materials. Made locally from a great company:
Dry Foot Cycle Gaiters

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 2, 2014, 11:05 a.m.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-526/mec-drencher-shoe-covers-unisex/?No=80[HTML_REMOVED]h=10+50002+50026+50089[HTML_REMOVED]f=10+50002+50026+50089

These^^? they changed the style a bit since I bought the MEC brand which worked well during a day of touring in a serious storm but the new model looks big [HTML_REMOVED] sloppys so rain could sneak in

if they don't work just take em back

Sept. 2, 2014, 11:24 a.m.

those MEC ones are really baggy. Id pay more for a decent pair so ill swing by taiga and check those other ones out.

also need better fenders

Sept. 2, 2014, 1:16 p.m.

BBB Hardware I have 2 of these and have been really happy with them.

http://bbbcycling.com/bike-wear/shoecovers/BWS-04

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Sept. 2, 2014, 7:54 p.m.

I like these (Sugoi Resisters). They are designed for clipless/cleated shoes.

They are snug and fairly water resistant with a decent quality zipper. They are good for the Lower Mainland but probably not the warmest for temperatures below freezing. They are pretty pricey, but I've never paid (and probably wouldn't pay) full price, typically picking them up on sale in the summer.

They are fairly durable (mind you, all they do is stay wrapped around your feet), but don't walk around a lot in them on dirt and rocks - that's how I finally did my first pair in.

Sept. 5, 2014, 11:11 a.m.

I had those Sugoi ones for a couple of years. Only complaint was that as the elastic at the cuff started to go, there wasnt really anyway to tighten it properly.

Sept. 5, 2014, 12:31 p.m.

I had those Sugoi ones for a couple of years. Only complaint was that as the elastic at the cuff started to go, there wasnt really anyway to tighten it properly.

It may depend on your shoe and its fit. I generally commute in a roadie-style SPD/Look compatible shoes which are quite narrow with convex surfaces and I've bought booties that seemed on the small side, just for that snug fit. I can't wear booties that don't fit like a second skin or feel like grocery bags on my feet. I find they tend to let water in, catch the breeze and chafe on the crank and skin (I will concede that some of my beef about it is probably in my mind, but the little things matter a lot when its dark, 2C and raining).

Sept. 5, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-526/mec-drencher-shoe-covers-unisex/?No=80[HTML_REMOVED]h=10+50002+50026+50089[HTML_REMOVED]f=10+50002+50026+50089

These^^? they changed the style a bit since I bought the MEC brand which worked well during a day of touring in a serious storm but the new model looks big [HTML_REMOVED] sloppys so rain could sneak in

if they don't work just take em back

Had the older version they were decent.
Bought the newer ones and they were absolute pieces of Shit. Had to return them.
Everything about them failed . Fabric is the strength of wet toilet paper, fit is like a paper bag around your shoe, stitching was basically a joke.

Sept. 6, 2014, 3:38 p.m.

I have the old mec ones. They're ok, but they are useless if you are wearing knickers.

I'm looking for something to fit over wider shoes like 510 spd's, and have a descent seal at the top.

Oct. 23, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

"Dear MEC Member,

Our records show you've purchased one or more pairs of MEC Cycling Shoe Covers or MEC Drencher Shoe Covers for wet weather riding. We recently became aware of an incident in which a member may have inadvertently snagged their pedal on the underside of the toe sleeve of one shoe cover, which caused the individual to fall.

Please ensure your covers fit snugly around the shoes you cycle in. If the covers do not fit entirely flush against the soles – there are gaps along the soles – we recommend that you stop using the shoe covers and return them to MEC for credit."

Oct. 24, 2014, 8:35 a.m.

"Dear MEC Member,

Our records show you've purchased one or more pairs of MEC Cycling Shoe Covers or MEC Drencher Shoe Covers ."

I got the same email. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to have that problem for my use-commuting-why would my toe sleeve be way down by my pedal, especially while clipped in? Mine are a bit too big for me-I would use this opportunity to get a smaller pair, but not if the newer materials are crap like slynx says.

Oct. 24, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

yeah mine are fine and I'm not gona return them

Personaly I read some of the product reviews people post in the online cat. and I wonder about the user not the product

edit:how about return them and with the money go across the street [HTML_REMOVED] get a pair from Taiga ?

Oct. 24, 2014, 6:52 p.m.

I gots the blue Rivat ones with the cleat cut out from circa 1979.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 28, 2014, 11:28 a.m.

I got the pearl izumi ones. WXB. They say waterproof but they really suck. Nice snug fit but the $30 MEC ones are better.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin