Public Input into the Next Provincial Transportation Plan

Nov. 4, 2014, 3:09 p.m.

BC MOTI (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure) has an online feedback form up for the public to provide their input on the direction of and priorities for the next 10 year provincial transportation plan. Buried towards the bottom of section 3 (after the important stuff about supporting LNG development) there's an option about enhanced cycling infrastructure and improving transportation choices, along with a section where you can write in your top three priorities as you see them.

http://surveys.givingopinions.ca/s/b637o/

Apparently the new Minister could care less about cycling, if he really tried. This might be an opportunity to put it on his radar - or at least get labelled as "the enemy" ;)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 5, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

Done!

My infrastructure priorities are improved public transit, more cycling infrastructure and infrastructure and funding for organized car pooling and vehicle sharing.

Nov. 14, 2014, 7:03 a.m.

Less poorly thought out cyclists-are-recreational-weekend-pedalers-not-people-with-somewhere-to-go cycling infrastructure please. I don't want a meandering stupid little path that I have to share with dog walkers, 4 way stops and rollerbladers with blind corners that drivers will yell at me for not using.

www.natooke.com