Post pix of your commuter bike.

May 14, 2012, 9:54 a.m.

bmor , the lightest , tightest , lowest profile fenders are the crud racer fenders they sell at mighty .

65 bux worth of highly engineered plastic that will fit the newest , latest , greatest carbon frames . if you have 5 mm of clearance these will fit . pretty easy on and off using rubber bands and zip ties . i've put maybe 500 km on one set and was impressed enough to buy another set for another bike .

We can do a better solution with p-clamps and the SKS Roadracers with integrated reacharounds. I'm hesitant to sell stopgap solutions with less than full coverage, as clip-on fenders get knocked around every time the bike gets locked up or leaned against something.

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

May 30, 2012, 5:15 p.m.

These days I have to commute from Downtown to Surrey (Whalley) so my cycle commute is only as far as the Skytrain station. Hence the bike has to be cheap enough to lock there all day but nice enough that I will actually ride it. This was the solution, with which I am very happy:

1973 Raleigh Superbe. The dynohub and lights still work, although to be honest the front light is about as bright as a cigarette in a breeze.

I haven't figured out how to actually cycle commute to North Surrey yet (on a road bike I mean - not on this bike). I can't see a way to make it a pleasant ride, although I wouldn't do it all that often anyway as it would eat too much time on a daily basis.

May 30, 2012, 7:30 p.m.

After my commuter was stolen a few weeks ago (2008 Specialized Allez), I've now got myself a slightly more practical commuter:

Specialized Tricross Elite something something disc. Was one of a few bikes around I could find that had discs, drop bars, room for fenders and not pure junk components. Now only if I could afford Sram Red hydraulic discs for it…

So dharv, what are your impressions of the new ride now that you've got some miles on her?

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

May 31, 2012, 10:57 a.m.

UltraCommuter

• not my bike
May 31, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

May 31, 2012, 11:45 a.m.

Beautiful og Bontrager DY.

May 31, 2012, 12:07 p.m.

thnx! 96/97 frame.. i bought it in SF when i lived there., this bike has ridden mt tam and all thru marin,, many loops around the lake in nelson, all thru van and now the rasta rocket is doing sechelt runs…sorry rasta rocket better than staying at home……

rides great!

May 31, 2012, 12:49 p.m.

I haven't figured out how to actually cycle commute to North Surrey yet (on a road bike I mean - not on this bike). I can't see a way to make it a pleasant ride, although I wouldn't do it all that often anyway as it would eat too much time on a daily basis.

last year i was doing morning roadrides with a friend who lived in van and worked in whalley: a few times i rode him most of the way to work and then rode back solo: once clockwise on the central valley greenway (did not like), once anti-clockwise down to richmond across the north side and out to qb (along river road?) then through nw (enjoyed). i guess he had to take the bridge over to surrey after that, which probably sucked - but i have a sneaking suspicion he jumped on the sky train for the last leg of the trip. anyway not great rides but worth checking out, perhaps

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 3, 2012, 8:58 p.m.

PUNKY Sr. Just threw down for a 2012 Giant Seek 1. 700cc wheels, 27sp, rigid, discs, flat black paint with a touch of silver on it. Hes hoping to get 15 years outta this bike like he did with his Gary Fisher Mamba complete with cantis upgraded to Vees, RS Quadra 5, and threaded headset.

If he doesn't like it I told him he can slide it over my way since I fronted him my Nomad! :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 4, 2012, 11:34 a.m.

Got this on the weekend, first commute this morning was much nicer than before.

June 4, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

last year i was doing morning roadrides with a friend who lived in van and worked in whalley

For shitty rides like that where the worst part is at the end, I like taking the train out and riding home.

flickr

June 5, 2012, 4:20 p.m.

How come lots of your commuter bikes don't have fenders? Jesus Mohammed when I build up a commuter I'm having fenders year round.

Wrong. Always.

June 6, 2012, 10:51 a.m.

Also, any of you guys run a mirror on your bike? I think my commoot bike is going to have a mirror on the left for monitoring idiots. Seems like a pretty important thing to me.

Wrong. Always.

June 6, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

My friend made his own fenders out of bamboo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamb/sets/72157629993482111/detail/

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

June 6, 2012, 1:17 p.m.

not my personal taste ross' , but the guy did a great job . . . i love seeing homebuilt innovation like that .