Missed me by that much

June 30, 2014, 8:30 a.m.

Well after ~5 months of occasional commuting I had my first real oh shit moment. Last Thursday morning, southbound on Mtn Hwy just past Crown, a bus came within probably an inch of running me off the road into a tree. There are two lanes there, so no need to cut it that close. I chased him down, yelled at him but he kept going into phibbs, I chose not to engage him. Lodged a complaint with Translink instead.

July 10, 2014, 12:15 p.m.

You migt want to avoid Moonbeam Avenue (aka Point Grey/Cornwall bike path) on the nice days. Crowded with riders and people riding side by side gawking at stuff. Riders in the oncoming lanes. I see this fellow on a recumbent look in his mirror as I come up on him. He did a shoulder check as I came up to pass. I said a hup hup just before then he signals a left and almost put his hand in my wheel. Earlier some dumb broad (yes I mean that in a derogatory sense) riding about 10 kph beside a friend and she is in the left oncoming lane to the left of the solid yellow line. A rider approaches from in front, she shoulder checks and goes behind her friend (actually thought by her body language that she was attempting to pass him) Then after buddy goes by she again looks over her shoulder t me then proceeds to block. I whistle. Nothing, I say helloo and she then claims my whistle almost made her crash. really? I point out that she is riding on a two way path in the oncoming lane as I go by she tells me to get more Lycra. I knew that this bike path would get clogged with idiots. Oh its a bike path, I don't need to follow any sort of rules of the road. Probably the same broad that rode right at me on the wrong side of the road a month ago. Not on a path but on the street in Kits Point.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 10, 2014, 1:32 p.m.

Bike paths are generally the worst place to be riding in a straight line at more than 10 mph.

July 10, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

Bike paths are generally the worst place to be riding in a straight line at more than 10 mph.

Yes. It has been fine up until yesterday when the warm weather brought out the fair weather putzing speed "riders" .

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.