Missed connection (with my fist)

May 22, 2015, 8:07 p.m.

Knight street bridge as separated paths on both sides of the bridge, there is no reason why anyone has to ride against the flow of traffic on either side - you don't even have to cross the road to get to the other side to be going with traffic, you just go under the bridge and up to the other side…slightly inconvenient, maybe - less convenient than causing a scene because somebody (me) didn't feel like giving you the right of way while going against traffic, not really. Know what I am saying?
If everyone is going the same way, nobody has to stop - and as far as I know, the whole uphill vs downhill yield thing is a trail thing, not an everyday out on the roads kind of thing. You don't expect people to yield to you when you drive uphill the wrong way on a one way street in a car do you? lol

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=knight+street+bridge+bidirectional

Seems to me that it's bidirectional. So yeah, you're being a dick about it.

May 22, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

Seems to me that it's bidirectional. So yeah, you're being a dick about it.

Where are you seeing it shows as bidirectional?

May 22, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

Try this in Google. "is the knight street bridge bike lane bidirectional"

May 22, 2015, 8:44 p.m.

Either way, let's agree and say its bidirectional, he yielded to me like ten metres away from me, so I rode by him, it is a tight squeeze, tight enough that generally when people pass each other they don't dismount because theres not enough horizontal space for 2 people and 2 bikes side by side. I do this twice a day, every day - I've never had a problem and am always courteous and say thanks to people when they yield, and I tend to yield quote often to people as well. I only stopped when i noticrd him stop, yell, and walk towards me…at fjrst i honestly thought he just had something to say or if he was going to ask for a bike tool…i got angry because he got in my face about being rude and how I'm supposed to yield because he's traveling uphill, which honestly, cry me a river princess, you're on a bike with gears on the knight St bridge, not climbing a mountain…to me, when you ride a bike in the city, you obey traffic laws, which means ride with the direction of traffic.
I ride that bridge twice daily on two single speed bikes and have no problem climbing the slight incline of the bridge, getting that pissy about me not yielding when he had already done so is baffling, what do people expect, you stop and make out to make sure they feel appreciated?

May 22, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

Try this in Google. "is the knight street bridge bike lane bidirectional"

Sorry, I'm not going to take that blog as the official rules of the road lol. Like I said, I ride the bridge every single day, I've never seen a sign that says bike traffic is bidirectional…seems like to me, most of the daily users have figured out how to ride with traffic…just as an observation, not even saying that with attitude.

May 22, 2015, 8:50 p.m.

LOL, this thread is the fourth result I see from that search.

May 22, 2015, 9:03 p.m.

LOL, this thread is the fourth result I see from that search.

Haha I noticed that as well. I'm going to search for that sign tomorrow and get to the bottom.of this shit.

May 22, 2015, 10:40 p.m.

Sorry, I'm not going to take that blog as the official rules of the road lol. Like I said, I ride the bridge every single day, I've never seen a sign that says bike traffic is bidirectional…seems like to me, most of the daily users have figured out how to ride with traffic…just as an observation, not even saying that with attitude.

That's odd. A month ago you said:

Am I and idiot for riding on the RIGHT side of the bridge with traffic? Seems like everyone rides against traffic, pass the same people everyday and am considering telling them to learn to ride…maybe things are different here though?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=2865214

Seems to me like you figured out a month ago that the bridge cycle lanes here might be bi-directional.

May 22, 2015, 10:48 p.m.

Did I or did not call out this singlecoil idiot for being the dick that he is?

Lee Lau

May 23, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

Did I or did not call out this singlecoil idiot for being the dick that he is?

If you have been to Toronto you would see this is normal behaviour in Toronto the whole operating anything with wheels and being a dick for the majority.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 23, 2015, 11:17 a.m.

I still think its funny you think I'm from Toronto, likely because its the only city in Ontario that you could find on a map, but yeah, like I said, every day I pass people riding the wrong way, it doesn't mean its bidirectional it could just mean that there are many people who don't know what they are doing, it can be a pain in the ass, like I said, to ride in the proper direction - but it's not impossible and it does help avoid situations like this.
I still don't know who's supposed to officially yeild, usually someone just does it, we say thanks and ride passed. This guy yielded and then got pissed at me for riding by, I just don't get that. He stopped like 10m ahead of me. There was no reason for him to yell, or poke his bars out at me as I road by, no reason for him to get in my face. Maybe he didn't hear the thanks I said as I passed because you know, tons of traffic.

May 23, 2015, 6:50 p.m.

There was no reason for him to yell, or poke his bars out at me as I road by, no reason for him to get in my face. Maybe he didn't hear the thanks I said as I passed because you know, tons of traffic.

Maybe he read some of your posts?

May 23, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

I still think its funny you think I'm from Toronto, likely because its the only city in Ontario that you could find on a map,

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 23, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

I think you would find poetry a healthier and more constructive outlet for your angst…

Poem by "singlecoil"
Editing by DrewM

Knight street bridge has separated paths on both sides of the bridge

you don't even have to cross the road
to get to the other side
his bars are extra wide,

with mirrors sticking out
a morning drama fix:
He gets in my face,

he expects me to yield to him
I expect him to yield
ain't nobody got time for that

the entitled European asshole
calls me a rude asshole
he's the jackass riding against traffic.

see you on Monday.
riding uphill against traffic,
I am riding downhill with traffic

I stopped and had words with him on the bridge too.
get in my face again
and your bikes going in the river

Maybe… our little altercation wouldn't have happened
this morning…
Just a fair warning,

just go under the bridge and up to the other side…
slightly inconvenient, maybe - less convenient
than causing a scene

the whole uphill vs downhill yield thing is a trail thing,
not an everyday out on the roads kind of thing
Know what I am saying?

ride with respect and on the RIGHT side of the road and this won't happen.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

May 24, 2015, 12:49 a.m.

Would it kill you to let by someone else coming uphill in your direction on a bi-directional path (or at a minimum, a path with one with no direction defined)? Give them a nod and a smile, knowing that your Karma Points Card has been topped up? If not, by all means, be a dick and save yourself the 2 seconds you will need to pull aside and let both of you proceed safely on your commute. So stay bitter and resentful of those wasted 2 seconds of your life you will never get back.