Lights. How FN bright and why the F do they flash?

Dec. 2, 2014, 11:42 a.m.

^^^This lady is awesome.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 2, 2014, 3:34 p.m.

first clip I watch she gives a mini van the finger for just brushing the fogline on the shoulder,technicly still in his lane. next three clips I watch she is constantly riding on the sidewalk. If you are going to rat drivers out for breaking the rules of the road you should obey them yourself. Get the fuck off the sidewalk.I'm sure there have been pedestrians just as annoyed by her as she is with drivers.

Dec. 2, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

I watched some of those youtube videos of her… and it seems she's part of the problem. Giving the finger and yelling at anyone who happens to come close. Riding through crosswalks and then complaining about cars not stopping.

Dec. 2, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

Watched some of her videos also.

What she considers a rattle does not even appear on my radar and is a regular occurrence on my commute.

Also flipping the bird is a no go in my books. Learned my lesson years ago that it does nothing but make a bad situation way worse.

It almost feels like she is going out of her way spoiling for a fight.

edit.
The stuff I want recorded is the ones that you need to stop, get off the bike, kiss the ground and count to 20 to actually see if you are still alive.
/edit.

Dec. 2, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

While I totally agree that the rider here comes across as an aggro asshole, cyclists ARE allowed to ride on sidewalks in Maple Ridge, mostly because cycling infrastructure in the 'city' is brutal.

It doesn't seem like this person likes riding at all though, and her anger rage carries over into everything she posts. Plus, why the hell would you go down to the Seawall on a sunny day and expect anything but what she got (tourists wandering all over, gorbs on rental bikes, people going the wrong way, etc. etc.)?

I agree with others about the fingering // swearing at other people thing too. The last time I fingered someone on my bike (mid-1990s), I was commuting in Victoria and the recipient floored it a couple blocks ahead of me, parked his car, and then tried to clothesline me as I rode by. I had fingered him because he hit me with his truck's mirror.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Dec. 2, 2014, 7:16 p.m.

Also flipping the bird is a no go in my books. Learned my lesson years ago that it does nothing but make a bad situation way worse.

this is why i keep a large axe strapped to the outside of my backpack. just make like you're reaching for it and the annoying vehicle driver will stop and give you the "i'm sorry i was such a pinhead" wave.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 3, 2014, 9:23 a.m.

Why does it seem like there are so many "not awesome" people that bike commute? I figure getting to ride you bike to work and back is great. Outside, fresh air, feel a bit like a kid.

Meanwhile, douchers have blinding lights on bike paths, other commuters yell at you for stupid stuff (being "too close" to the centre line), break as many traffic laws as they can, wheelsuck strangers, etc.

Dec. 3, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

Why does it seem like there are so many "not awesome" people that bike commute? I figure getting to ride you bike to work and back is great. Outside, fresh air, feel a bit like a kid.

Meanwhile, douchers have blinding lights on bike paths, other commuters yell at you for stupid stuff (being "too close" to the centre line), break as many traffic laws as they can, wheelsuck strangers, etc.

One simple common factor.

Humans… Be it on a train, plane, car, bike, walking it does not matter. Ones ego and sense of entitlement will always bring out the worst in us.

Dec. 3, 2014, 2:54 p.m.

One simple common factor.

Humans… Be it on a train, plane, car, bike, walking it does not matter. Ones ego and sense of entitlement will always bring out the worst in us.

Sigh… I guess that I don't see many people on the trails is why I don't get the same vibe in the trees.

Dec. 4, 2014, 4:23 p.m.

Plus, why the hell would you go down to the Seawall on a sunny day and expect anything but what she got (tourists wandering all over, gorbs on rental bikes, people going the wrong way, etc. etc.)?

I laughed pretty hard watching that one. Ya, not sure what she was expecting. Anyone expecting anything BUT a gong show on the sea wall is in for a surprise.

She strikes me as the "sense of entitlement" type biker that would just as happily get hit my car just so she could rage to people about how she had the right of way.

Dec. 16, 2014, 3:06 p.m.

The north shore is the worst by a large margin. No sooner do I cross over to the north shore its like everyone has the hate on for everyone else on the road.

Agreed, I don't commute anymore but still take the bike downtown regularly. Riders have to turn on Spidey senses when returning. North Van traffic around the bridges/Marine Dr between 4 and 6:30 is completely fucked! I can see why drivers are going agro.

Luckily I never have to be in a car at that time of day, but yesterday wound up behind the wheel at 5PM, travelling from Park Royal to Deep Cove lol… WOW it really is a serious problem and a terrible waste of gasoline.

Dec. 17, 2014, 10:46 p.m.

So the camera has arrived and is all setup.

I did make a few changes. I added 3m dual Lock Velcro tape so that I can use the mounts on different helmets as I see fit. That way I do not have to buy more mounts and can fine tune the position if need be.

I decided on the Contour Roam 2 for the reviews and size / waterproof without a case features.

I can barely notice the weight when mounted.

Here is the setup using the 3M Dual Lock.

60km a day in the wind, rain, dark will give this thing an honest test to see how well it performs. With my helmet mounted lamp it should provide a good picture.

Dec. 18, 2014, 8:33 a.m.

I have a gen 1 Contour in a baggy somewhere. Compared to the Gen 1 GoPro I didn't understand why the GoPro was so much more popular. At the time the Contour was smaller, mounted better, and had pointing lasers so you could tell what it was recording.

Dec. 18, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

this is why i keep a large axe strapped to the outside of my backpack. just make like you're reaching for it and the annoying vehicle driver will stop and give you the "i'm sorry i was such a pinhead" wave.

Yup. That will sort it out.

WTF, Over?

Jan. 9, 2015, 1:55 p.m.

Got the Planetbike Blaze 650 from santa-a compromise between little blinky and eye-scorching mini-star. :damn:

So far so good-no light will help people "not looking" but this helps get their attention.