It's OK to kill cyclists?

Nov. 10, 2013, 11:48 a.m.

Obviously from the American perspective, so I'm not sure how the laws are different here in Canukistan, but it's rather frightening how the laws and penalties add up to shield drivers from responsibility for their actions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/opinion/sunday/is-it-ok-to-kill-cyclists.html?pagewanted=all

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 10, 2013, 12:54 p.m.

good article , well written . . .

it'll never happen obviously , but imagine how different the roads would be if every driver had to do a road safety / orientation course on a bicycle before they could get a drivers' licence .

Nov. 10, 2013, 1:49 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySs1cEq5rs

Nov. 10, 2013, 6:57 p.m.

it'll never happen obviously , but imagine how different the roads would be if every driver had to do a road safety / orientation course on a bicycle before they could get a drivers' licence .

That.

Also maybe have another look and update traffic laws when it comes to bikes. There is something wrong when a fine for no bike light is $35 while no bell is in excess of $100.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 11, 2013, 5:32 p.m.

Every driver should experience what it feels like having a car pass you at 60 km/hr within a foot. Almost all of the road riding I do is on rural low-traffic roads where the car could go into the oncoming lane if they chose to (and many do), but there's always a couple of asshats who have to go right close when there's no other cars around.

Nov. 11, 2013, 5:36 p.m.

Every driver should experience what it feels like having a car pass you at 60 km/hr within a foot. Almost all of the road riding I do is on rural low-traffic roads where the car could go into the oncoming lane if they chose to (and many do), but there's always a couple of asshats who have to go right close when there's no other cars around.

Yep.

This is one reason why I have been decreasing my time riding roads.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/