Iron Worker Memorial Bridge Sidewalk Expansion Project

March 6, 2013, 1:09 p.m.

Looking for details on this project such as time frame and whether sidewalks will be closed entirely, one side at a time etc. Out.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

March 6, 2013, 8:43 p.m.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/01/23/more-space-for-cyclists-on-ironworkers-memorial-bridge/

www.steedcycles.com

March 7, 2013, 7:52 p.m.

i know it'll never happen , but how cool would it be to suspend a cycling / pedestrian lane under the bridge ?

wonder if any of those engineers even thought of that ?

March 7, 2013, 9:50 p.m.

Have you ever had to opportunity to speed any time underneath a freeway bridge? 33 db ear plugs don't do much to lower the noise level.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

March 8, 2013, 5:56 a.m.

hmmmm , never thot of that , ok go ahead with the sidewalk expansion .

March 8, 2013, 6:34 a.m.

I also read the other day that there are plans for "Dedicated bike lanes and a separated path from Main Street at Harbour Avenue to the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge".

March 8, 2013, 5:10 p.m.

i know it'll never happen , but how cool would it be to suspend a cycling / pedestrian lane under the bridge ?

wonder if any of those engineers even thought of that ?

Well, it seems to me, many many many moons ago I may have explored a little under that bridge. I think the traffic might have been a smidge less then.
From what I understand there are a crap load of fishing birds nesting down there now.
Cormorants? Might be a little stinky. :grinno:

TEAM CRAFTY

March 8, 2013, 5:38 p.m.

The less people that go under that bridge, the better. There are all sorts of unsavoury characters congregating nearby what with the marina, pub etc.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 8, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

I also read the other day that there are plans for "Dedicated bike lanes and a separated path from Main Street at Harbour Avenue to the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge".

Every large tree on the Lower Levels road (by the train tracks and east of the wheat pool) and the 3rd Street hill seems to have been removed. What's up? You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

March 9, 2013, 10:02 a.m.

There putting more tracks in where the road is and moving the road over, and building the spirit trail.

March 9, 2013, 12:50 p.m.

Looking for details on this project such as time frame and whether sidewalks will be closed entirely, one side at a time etc. Out.

I expect there will be more details as we get closer to the summer.

This will skip the skinny bit of Main St near the Petro Can.

Every large tree on the Lower Levels road (by the train tracks and east of the wheat pool) and the 3rd Street hill seems to have been removed. What's up? You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

It's the Low Level Road project.

March 9, 2013, 5:08 p.m.

Dropping the knowledge…

What are you now, an urban cycling advocate?

flickr

March 9, 2013, 7:26 p.m.

Cool beans!

March 9, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

all the fatass lazy NIMBY's in van-city are gonna scream bloody murder over this bike lane

I'm ignoring Smedley.

March 10, 2013, 11:18 a.m.

Cool beans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=052cSSSjSvo