Downtown Bike Storage?

June 19, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

Hey Guys,

I am just trying to wrap my head around communting to work (mainly on nice days) but would want a secure place to store my bike.

Are there any gyms or other facilities in the DT core that offer secure indoor bike storage and shower/locker facilities?

Thanks!

June 19, 2013, 2:50 p.m.

Check with the property management company for the office where you work….they should be able to tell you if there's something already available.

June 20, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

I'm in the Bentall complex and the Athletic Club is the only option. I was hoping to find some other options as this will be a summer only endeavor and I'd like to avoid the initiation fees, etc,.

June 20, 2013, 4:33 p.m.

i've thought about that as a business option, having a daily storage facility, showers, and repairs available while you're at work

the rent situation downtown does not allow this to be viable…..

June 20, 2013, 5:03 p.m.

I'm in the Bentall complex and the Athletic Club is the only option. I was hoping to find some other options as this will be a summer only endeavor and I'd like to avoid the initiation fees, etc,.

Bentall also has their own lockers (I believe in the Pender parkade) if you don't want to join the gym.

June 20, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

Bentall have or had a commuter deal. Simple monthly fee allows use of the bike lockup and showers with towel service which I think s huge. There is a bank of small lockers where I leave a t shirt shorts and shoes to walk to and from the office. I know some guys have another locker inside where they leave their office clothes. I leave my office clothes in an IKEA cabinet in my office. Monthly see isn't too bad but I get a special deal because I know the manager.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.