Commuter Facilities Broadway/ Cambie Area

April 6, 2016, 9:41 a.m.

Moving to a new gig in the Broadway/ Cambie area. The place has zero bike facilities, and I do not want to lock up on the street.

I also need to be a little more 'polished' at work, so I need a shower.

Anyone know of a gym/ club or solution that I can store my bike and get a shower?

Thanks

April 6, 2016, 10:22 a.m.

Moving to a new gig in the Broadway/ Cambie area. The place has zero bike facilities, and I do not want to lock up on the street.

I also need to be a little more 'polished' at work, so I need a shower.

Anyone know of a gym/ club or solution that I can store my bike and get a shower?

Thanks

Not sure about bike storage, but the Mrs works in that area and used to use the gym at City Square.

Being so close to City Hall, Gregor must have something.

April 6, 2016, 2:15 p.m.

City hall does have end of trip facilities but they're for employees only as far as I know. You need a card to scan in. At the skytrain station I believe there's bike lockers just behind the station. I would assume you can rent them. For showers there's a Steve Nash fitness at City Square mall and Endorphin Junkies in the Crossroads building (Cambie [HTML_REMOVED] Broadway). I'm not sure how it would work if you just want to use the showers.

April 6, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

There is VGH Cycling Centre at 866 West 10th Ave between Willow and Laurel Streets, right on the 10th Ave bikeway. Cost is $18 per month. They have change lockers but can't ascertain from the website if they have showers.

https://bcgreencare.ca/vgh-cycling-centre

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

April 6, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

Thanks.

I got all excited about VGH, filled out the app, then read that it is for Health Authority Peeps only. Oh well.

April 7, 2016, 8:21 a.m.

steve nash for the showers. Find a bike rack that's under cover, and just use the beater bike and a good lock. Can you lock up in any of the u/g parkades?

April 7, 2016, 12:25 p.m.

Thanks.

I got all excited about VGH, filled out the app, then read that it is for Health Authority Peeps only. Oh well.

that sucks

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden