Bike route from Langley to vancouver

Sept. 2, 2015, 11:53 a.m.

Any tips? Have to drop off a truck and always wanted to try it out. I'll be leaving from near silvercity, 200th St.

The translink site basically says take Fraser hwy the whole way? Is that the preferred route for most?

Btw I'm doing in on rollerblades.

Jk.

THANKS!

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:03 p.m.

if going throu cloverdale expect to be "rolled coal" on by every lifted 4x4 u see… for sure

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:12 p.m.

At least in Langley, avoid Fraser Highway as much as possible.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:15 p.m.

So better off to make my way through poco to moody?

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:26 p.m.

So better off to make my way through poco to moody?

Well the Golden Ears is pretty good I hear and there's some flatish gravel trails along the dykes. And port moody to Vancouver is great with the Barnett and then the cycling specific street through Burnaby (Union?)

The tricky part might be between Pitt River Bridge and the start of BArnett. Guildford in Coquitlam has bike lanes so I guess if you can get there from Pitt River Bridge (maybe some more gravel trails?) you'll be good.

You got cx tires?

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:38 p.m.

Marathon plus, they seem fine on the gravel they have seen (pac spirit, Stanley). So Im guessing, golden ears to pit river then try to find a somewhat cycling specific route through poco to coq to Port Moody?
I'm good to go once I hit moody, I do the union route on my way home from riding bby mtn, it's super quick and very enjoyable.

Sept. 2, 2015, 2:06 p.m.

Marathon plus, they seem fine on the gravel they have seen (pac spirit, Stanley). So Im guessing, golden ears to pit river then try to find a somewhat cycling specific route through poco to coq to Port Moody?
I'm good to go once I hit moody, I do the union route on my way home from riding bby mtn, it's super quick and very enjoyable.

If you find a good route from Pitt River Bridge to Barnett Hwy let me know.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 2, 2015, 2:11 p.m.

I have rode from new west to port kells several times. I use king george - 108th - then north on 152 to the north side of the freeway then back on to 108 and around Pacific Academy to port kells.

The nice part of this route is the the tunnel under the 152 freeway entrance that allows you to ride the portion of 154th that no cars drive on.

So your route west would be through port kells, along barnston to 100 avenue past the fire station to pacific acedemy, along 104 , 160 north, left on 108, right on 154, under the freeway to 108th, down the bike path on king george to the skytrain trail.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Sept. 2, 2015, 2:16 p.m.

If you find a good route from Pitt River Bridge to Barnett Hwy let me know.

I've rode form port moody to port kells on these routes. Lougheed to pinetree north to guilford or lougheed to pinetree south to dewdney is not too bad but not as direct as the first route.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

May 10, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

Updates?

Wrong. Always.

May 11, 2016, 1:55 p.m.

I've only ever done it (W-E) along Barnet to PoMo, then follow Lougheed and eventually there is a bike path on the right that includes the Pitt Bridge. Then again on Lougheed through Maple Ridge and across the Golden Ears.

Curious, did you check Google maps cycling suggestion?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

May 11, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

I've only ever done it (W-E) along Barnet to PoMo, then follow Lougheed and eventually there is a bike path on the right that includes the Pitt Bridge. Then again on Lougheed through Maple Ridge and across the Golden Ears.

Curious, did you check Google maps cycling suggestion?

ive done it over the golden ears through pitt meadows to the Central valley greenway. it gets funky at united boulavard but its doable. from there cenral valley greeway is nice.

now with the port mann open you can go through fraser heights over the portmann to the CVG

May 11, 2016, 3:16 p.m.

I've done w-e, CVG, Port Mann, Fraser Heights, cross hwy at 156, then 102 Ave/168 st through tynehead park. Basically zig-zagged on backroads on the south side of the highway.

When I went E-W, I took a nice route that was definitely the long way around! south side of the fraser river, then crossed golden ears bridge, then zig zag through the backroads to the pitt river bridge. Then through coquitlam/PoMo, barnet highway and home free.

There is an organized roadie ride that does this route-they've refined this route over the years. Here's the map:

https://www.cascade.org/rides-major-rides-ride-seattle-vancouver-and-party-rsvp-about-ride/route

May 12, 2016, 9:16 a.m.

Updates?

Hey sorry I didnt reply any sooner. Got totally spun around! But basically jumped roads around 200th to the golden ears bridge, then I rode an assortment of roads to the pitt river bridge. Then took the dikes in poco to coquiltlam, climbed to around coq centre then to bby mtn and the rest was via common bike routes.

May 12, 2016, 1:20 p.m.

Hey sorry I didnt reply any sooner. Got totally spun around! But basically jumped roads around 200th to the golden ears bridge, then I rode an assortment of roads to the pitt river bridge. Then took the dikes in poco to coquiltlam, climbed to around coq centre then to bby mtn and the rest was via common bike routes.

Thanks. I have always wondered what the best route from Willowbrook mall to Golden Ears would be. And now I see the Port Mann has a bike lane so I'm wondering what the best route form Willowbrook to Port Mann would be. sounds like there's explorign opportunties.

Wrong. Always.