Bike lane placement and the right hook..

Oct. 4, 2013, 1:06 p.m.

Yes. Too many riders ride like the bike is a toy and cross between a pedestrian and a dog off leash going where they want. Some riders, not many, seem to think that all cycle lanes are two way traffic for bikes. Coming down Burrad towards the bridge I see a rider coming at me. Since when I ride to work I am in the cycle lane on the other side of Burrard, I am pretty sure that the lanes are one way with traffic. Also some some dummy going west on 4th at Highbury on the wrong side. The Fuck? I find the dedicated lanes a bit confusing at least first time through. And full of idiots. pass someone and stop at the next light at the stop line and the donkey stops in front of me. And again and again. But i am labelled elitist because I feel that if you lack the skills, confidence and common sense to ride in traffic that you shouldn't ride.

Agreed a lot of cyclists are idiots … if there is one argument for licensing, it is to make people pass a basic competency test and be able to be identified and reported and tracked down when they pull stupid shit.

But really, there are idiots all over. Last week I saw someone in a pickup truck on Hastings near Boundary during 4:30 pm rush hour pull out of the leftmost (eastbound) lane into the oncoming (westbound) lane, speed past the car in front of him pull back into, eastbound lane only to come to a screeching halt at a red light at the end of the block. I hoped someone called it in.

Oct. 4, 2013, 3:13 p.m.

Agreed a lot of cyclists are idiots … if there is one argument for licensing, it is to make people pass a basic competency test and be able to be identified and reported and tracked down when they pull stupid shit.

Doesn't seem to work too well for motor vehicles haha

Oct. 9, 2013, 4:43 p.m.

I'm appalled that there are people driving cars and punching cyclists while doing so! Right hooks too! Are they driving right-hand-side vehicles like some of those Japanese imports? Or is it the front passenger doing the punching? Are they at least wearing boxing gloves? What a violent culture this has become. Do they at least warm you up with some jabs first?

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 9, 2013, 10 p.m.

Doesn't seem to work too well for motor vehicles haha

Motorists always follow all the rules of the road all the time (like driving the posted speed limit, using turn signals, coming to a complete stop at all stop signs all the time, and never running red lights), if you believe the complaints of drivers about cyclists.

Oct. 10, 2013, 9:23 a.m.

Motorists always follow all the rules of the road all the time (like driving the posted speed limit, using turn signals, coming to a complete stop at all stop signs all the time, and never running red lights), if you believe the complaints of drivers about cyclists.

The quality of motorists in Vancouver is one of the reasons I bike or take transit to much.

Oct. 10, 2013, 9:30 p.m.

Better listen to your corner, and watch for the hook!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGBJr7h1sc

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Oct. 11, 2013, 9:13 p.m.

I especially love it when cyclists tail a car in their blind spot…

It's not just bikes that do this.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Oct. 15, 2013, 12:49 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ

classic

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 15, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

Or according to some…because we ride bicycles we had it coming. As their justification to trying to take us out.

And today's lesson in regards to this,

If you are living in a small town that is predominantly White Anglo Saxon people…..it is not a bright idea as a different ethnicity to attempt to kill a cyclist.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/